Millie Taylor-Morrison and Harold Morrison are living, breathing proof that it’s never too late for love.
The New Jersey couple wed this year on October 16th, marking more than six decades after they first met. According to the story, 86-year-old Millie was married to her first husband for 41 years before he died in 1992 and years later, she reconnected with 85-year-old Harold. Ironically, Harold was actually a guest at her first wedding in 1952.
Millie told PEOPLE Magazine, “I used to sing in the choir and Harold attended my church. I would be standing with the other choir members, waiting to walk out and he would come over and kiss me on the cheek before sitting down for the service.”
The story goes that Millie and Harold didn’t see each other again for many years until Harold joined her new church in Orange, New Jersey. Millie continued, “I used to admire him in church,” she says. “He dressed impeccably and I admire that in a man.”
Before making it official, Harold became really sick, to the point where he couldn’t live alone. “I asked him if he wanted to live with me instead of a nursing home. And he said, ‘Definitely.’ I love him, but I can’t have him living in my house. I have granddaughters and grandsons,” she said.
The lovely pair finally decided on a wedding date and tied the knot on Sunday at Zion Hill Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey, in front of 200 friends and family. She told the mag, “I’m a Christian woman and I want to live a Christian life. We decided that even though we were in our twilight years, we wanted to be pleasing in God’s eyes.”
Of course, the wedding photos were stunning. The gorgeous grandma used to model in the 1950s for Belle Mead Models, Inc.
Millie Morrison says she’s happier one week into newlywed life than she has ever been before.
Summer Love: The Celebrity Couples We’ve Got Our Eye On All Summer ’16
1. We can spot that booty anywhere, but according to Khloe Kardashian, she and Odell Beckham, Jr. are not a thing. We can still dream, right?Source:Instagram 1 of 17
2. T.I. & Tiny will always be one of our favorite couples.Source:Instagram 2 of 17
3. Monica and Shannon Brown – a couple that’ll go down in Black Love History.Source:Instagram 3 of 17
4. No one loves anyone in the world the way Kanye loves Kim.Source:Instagram 4 of 17
5. And where would we be without Bey and Jay?Source:Instagram 5 of 17
6. Speaking of which, shorty his Beyonce… #Durk&Dej #Durk&DejSource:Instagram 6 of 17
7. Are Rihanna and Travis Scott a thing, or nah?Source:Getty 7 of 17
8. #BlacRob killing shit all Summer ’16!Source:Instagram 8 of 17
9. After everything, Meek & Nicki still reign supreme.Source:Instagram 9 of 17
10. Keyshia Ka’oir held Gucci down and now that he’s been released from prison, they’re stronger than ever.Source:Instagram 10 of 17
11. Adam & Tamera Mowry-Housley puttin’ on for the OG celebrity couples.Source:Instagram 11 of 17
12. Zayn x Gigi Hadid… enough said.Source:Instagram 12 of 17
13. Keep your eye on red carpet bandits The Weeknd & his girl Bella Hadid.Source:Getty 13 of 17
14. Victoria and David Beckham, another OG celebrity couple we love to love.Source:Instagram 14 of 17
15. Not only are Nipsey Hussle and Lauren London the cutest, they’re expecting a little bundle of joy we hope to meet soon.Source:Instagram 15 of 17
16. Have Kylie Jenner and PND’s “diamond battles” turned into something more? We wouldn’t be mad at it…Source:Instagram 16 of 17
17. We can’t talk about OG couples and not include ballers La La and Carmelo Anthony.Source:Instagram 17 of 17
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Facebook