Avril Lavigne stepped away from music for nearly five years, but now is back with her powerful song, “Head Above Water.” In this video, Lavigne is wear a beautiful long dress s she walks near strong waves of water holding a lantern. Fans can see where she is crying to God to help her get through the tough times as she had a near-death experience.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Some of the lyrics of the song say, “God keep my head above water / Don’t let me drown / It gets harder / I’ll meet you there at the altar / As I fall down to my knees / Don’t let me drown / Don’t let me drown,” she sings in the song’s chorus.” The Christian Post mentioned that you can see a dove flying near her and in the Bible the particular animal is also known as the Holy Spirit.
Since 2014 Lavigne battled Lyme disease and the song as well as the video is supposed to give insight to her fight with it. On Instagram, she wrote about the premiere of the video and said, “It makes my heart so unbelievably full to premiere the #HeadAboveWater music video for you all today, on my birthday. From the very first day I started writing this song, I have been inspired and gathering visuals and imagining what the music video could look like. @ElliottLester88, I respect you so much. You are insanely talented. Thank you for working closely with me and hearing my ideas. You not only completely captured my vision, but took this video to an entirely new level, even when it meant going all the way to Iceland. You are my hero. I loved every moment of working on this video with you.” She also thanked the producers as well as the co-writers for helping her with everything. This is the first time she’s ever released a worship song. Tell us what you think about the video for “Head Above Water.”
- Morehouse College Develops New Institute To Study Issues That Affect Black Men
- André Leon Talley Was A Black Superhero
- Vowing Kamala Harris Will Be His 2024 Running Mate, Biden Addresses Black Voters In Wide-Ranging Press Conference
- Kathy Taylor & Tony Grant Of ‘The Temptations’ Joins Houston Gospel Stage Play, ‘Soul Purpose’
- Blame Omicron: The 2022 Grammy Awards Postponed To April
- Rest Easy, Legend: After André Leon Talley’s Many Contributions To Vogue, This Is How The Publication Honors Him
- Wendy Williams New Health Update Alleges Memory Loss, Inability To Dress Herself & Spiraling Functionality
- Watch: Sha’Carri Richardson Shares Trailer For Documentary Film ‘Sub Eleven Seconds’ Executive Produced By Virgil Abloh
- Healthy Ever After: Visioning For The New Year With Dr. Sabrina Jackson [Listen]
- Trailblazing Fashion Icon André Leon Talley Has Passed Away