NFL player Khalil Mack is paying it forward by alleviating financial burdens for underprivileged families during this holiday season. According to CBS News, the Florida native recently picked up the tab for $80,000 worth of layaways at a Walmart in Fort Pierce.
Mack—a linebacker for the Chicago Bears—donated the funds through his nonprofit organization the Khalil Mack Foundation which is dedicated to empowering underprivileged youth through the cultivation of enriching educational and recreational environments. Mack’s generous gesture covered the bill for over 300 accounts at the store. The store took to Facebook to share the news about his donation with customers.
“We have some wonderful News! If you have an active Holiday Layaway account at your local Ft. Pierce Wal-Mart, your account has been paid off!” read the post. “We here at Walmart would like to thank the Khalil Mack Foundation for your generosity, and for making so many families happy for the holidays!”
Mack—who was the 5th overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft—has been dedicated to giving back to his community. He invested in the company Fort Pierce Yacht & Ship LLC, a mega-yacht repair facility, as an avenue to create jobs in his hometown and keep opportunity youth on the right path. “Youth are the most important piece of the puzzle to improve conditions in the northwest Fort Pierce community,” he told TCPalm. “I think it’ll be a great change, helping them understand the value of having a trade like plumbing or painting. If you learn a trade, it brings income.” Mack also donated 100 pairs of Nike cleats to the Fort Pierce Westwood high school football team in June.
The Holidays Are Upon Us: A List Of Gifts That Black Folks Would Appreciate
1. For the fellas, a bottle Dusse is never a bad idea.1 of 10
2. Pretty sure your favorite woke cousin would love to flaunt this on their desk at the office.
2 of 10
3. There's always that one aunt who needs to steer clear of the kitchen. This one is for her.
3 of 10
Patti LaBelle discovered the good life and wants to share it with you. Her new cookbook offers delicious recipes that range from healthy to decadent.— bestcostbooks.com (@bestcostbooks1) January 28, 2018
Buy now : https://t.co/bkJudZb0x2 pic.twitter.com/ZHBWUVgR65
4. Your black card is important, don't get it revoked by not being able to answer the questions in this game!
4 of 10
5. If you're a lover of Black 90s sitcoms, this is gift a must have.
5 of 10
6. Can you ever go wrong with hair products that are for us and by us? Nope!6 of 10
7. Why not sleep and keep your hair protected in style at the same time? A double win.
7 of 10
8. The days of sleeping awkwardly to avoid messing up your hair are over!
8 of 10
9. The perfect gift for mom, dad, auntie, uncle, grandma, grandpa, brother or sister. Did we forget anyone?
9 of 10
10. Baby hairs are important and they should be treated as such. Don't sleep on this gift!
10 of 10
NFL Player Khalil Mack Clears Layaways For 300 Walmart Customers was originally published on newsone.com