Kheris Rogers was being bullied and teased at school because of her complexion.
Her sister, Taylor Pollard decided to post a picture of her baby sis and it received over 30,000 retweets.
The caption written, “My sister is only 10, but already royalty #FlexinInHerComplexion went viral.
According to Ebony, in an interview her older sister said, “She’s a chocolate girl dressed nice had her natural hair showing I just wanted to put it out there she was flexing her complexion.”
The tweet inspired the clothing line “Flexin’ In My Complexion” and is encouraging many women to feel comfortable in their own skin despite what people may say.
Money earned from this clothing line will be used to further Kheris education and on Sunday she was able to show the world her clothing line at New York Fashion Week in East Harlem.
Kheris has a message to share and said. “Everybody is pretty in their own way. Always believe in yourself; don’t let nobody tell you different.”
Congratulations to Kheris and we wish her all the success!
BEST IN SHOW: Johannesburg Was On Fire For South African Fashion Week
1. The Edda Gimnes CollectionSource:Instagram 1 of 20
2. The Duo DeskSource:Instagram 2 of 20
3. Talents Rep Africa America brought their headwear styleSource:Instagram 3 of 20
4. Some of the most beautiful models were seenSource:Instagram 4 of 20
5. Nanya Couture made their presence knownSource:Instagram 5 of 20
6. Ankara South Africa Prints and FabricsSource:Instagram 6 of 20
7. Hand made beautiful bracelets were on hand.Source:Instagram 7 of 20
8. Shop till you drop!Source:Instagram 8 of 20
9. Sandals by @SoulAnimaSource:Instagram 9 of 20
10. Nina Bosch EarringsSource:Instagram 10 of 20
11. Nanya Couture FabricsSource:Instagram 11 of 20
12. Designer Chu Yan introduced fresh spring colorsSource:Instagram 12 of 20
13. An eye-catching opening by @StylebySASource:Instagram 13 of 20
14. House of Saint Luke brought golden vibesSource:Instagram 14 of 20
15. A little bubbly never hurtSource:Instagram 15 of 20
16. Nina Bosch JewelrySource:Instagram 16 of 20
17. Breathtaking designs by Gert-Johan CoetzeeSource:Instagram 17 of 20
18. More sexy beach wear by Jade AshleighSource:Instagram 18 of 20
19. Natural beauty all around.Source:Instagram 19 of 20
20. @Ephymol designs closed the show on a party note!Source:Instagram 20 of 20