Evangelist Billy Graham was known for spreading the word of God to millions of people. Graham died at the age of 99 and now some would like him to be remembered with a special day. According to the Charlotte Observer, a petition on Change.org wants Graham to have his own holiday.
So far the petition has gotten more than 75,000 signatures. The petition was started by Kyle Siler and he praised Graham for everything he did. Siler said, “Mr. Graham’s counsel was sought by presidents, and his appeal in both the secular and religious arenas is evidenced by the wide range of groups that have honored him…Help us with our cause of setting a national holiday to remember this great man.”
Some believe that just like Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Graham deserves the same honor. King fought for civil rights and preached the word during his movements. Do you think Billy Graham deserves a national holiday?
- Dawn Strozier’s Tips For People Who Want To Lose Weight Quickly [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Ericaism: I’ve Fallen and I CAN Get Up [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Will McMillan Tells What Inspired Him To Cover James Cleveland’s “Best Thing” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Faith Walking: Planning with Preparation (#CountUpTheCost) [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- What Should Men Who Date Much Younger Women Be Called? [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Women Blaming Their Edges Issues On Humidity [EXCLUSIVE]
- Chef Jernard Offers Tips On Cooking Tasty, Healthy Food For Your Partner That Satisfies Your Soul Food Cravings
- LeToya Luckett Opens Up About Married Life [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- The Gucci-Dapper Dan Collection [PHOTOS]
- Ericaism: You Are Enough [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]