Evangelist Billy Graham was known for spreading the word of God to millions of people. Graham died at the age of 99 and now some would like him to be remembered with a special day. According to the Charlotte Observer, a petition on Change.org wants Graham to have his own holiday.
So far the petition has gotten more than 75,000 signatures. The petition was started by Kyle Siler and he praised Graham for everything he did. Siler said, “Mr. Graham’s counsel was sought by presidents, and his appeal in both the secular and religious arenas is evidenced by the wide range of groups that have honored him…Help us with our cause of setting a national holiday to remember this great man.”
Some believe that just like Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Graham deserves the same honor. King fought for civil rights and preached the word during his movements. Do you think Billy Graham deserves a national holiday?
- Retired Minister Could Possibly Be Evicted For Holding Bible Study In His Apartment
- Syleena Johnson Shares How The Entertainment Business Made Her Develop A Low Self-Esteem In Her New Book “The Weight Is Over” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Knowing Your Family History Could Possibly Prevent Breast Cancer [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Deitrick Haddon Pens Three Songs On Usher’s New Album, ‘A’
- Jo Dee Messina On Battling Cancer: “I Know That God Has Me”
- Travis Greene Announces ‘See the Light’ Tour, Reveals New Single With Jekalyn Carr
- From Oprah To Chance The Rapper, African-Americans Are Trying To Fight Hunger In Practical Ways
- Wife Of Temptations’ Dennis Edwards Denies Abusing Him Before His Death
- Here’s How Sears Had Unexpected Influence With Black Shoppers
- Orlando Brown Checks Into Rehab