Evangelist Billy Graham was known for spreading the word of God to millions of people. Graham died at the age of 99 and now some would like him to be remembered with a special day. According to the Charlotte Observer, a petition on Change.org wants Graham to have his own holiday.
So far the petition has gotten more than 75,000 signatures. The petition was started by Kyle Siler and he praised Graham for everything he did. Siler said, “Mr. Graham’s counsel was sought by presidents, and his appeal in both the secular and religious arenas is evidenced by the wide range of groups that have honored him…Help us with our cause of setting a national holiday to remember this great man.”
Some believe that just like Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Graham deserves the same honor. King fought for civil rights and preached the word during his movements. Do you think Billy Graham deserves a national holiday?
- Why Women Are Having Diamonds Implanted In Their Fingers
- Ericaism: Do You Take Time To Create? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Love Talking: Love Yourself Enough To Want The Best [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Thanks Over Complaints [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Travis Greene Speaks On The Impact Of His Hit Song “You’ve Waited” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- New App Designed To Combat Racism In South Africa
- Get Up Poll: Callers Are Tired Of Older People Using Filters On Social Media [EXCLUSIVE]
- Get Up Poll: Callers Talk About Their Favorite Apps [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lord Help My Male Friends To Find Shirts For Their Profile Picture [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ericaism: Trust The Process [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]