Evangelist Billy Graham was known for spreading the word of God to millions of people. Graham died at the age of 99 and now some would like him to be remembered with a special day. According to the Charlotte Observer, a petition on Change.org wants Graham to have his own holiday.
So far the petition has gotten more than 75,000 signatures. The petition was started by Kyle Siler and he praised Graham for everything he did. Siler said, “Mr. Graham’s counsel was sought by presidents, and his appeal in both the secular and religious arenas is evidenced by the wide range of groups that have honored him…Help us with our cause of setting a national holiday to remember this great man.”
Some believe that just like Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Graham deserves the same honor. King fought for civil rights and preached the word during his movements. Do you think Billy Graham deserves a national holiday?
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Black History Could Be Made At The Oscars, Michael Jackson’s Estate Suing HBO & More
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- Smokie Norful, Shirtley Caesar & More Tapped To Perform At Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage
- William McDowell Inks Deal With Integrity Music Label
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- School Principal Apologizes After Students Were Told To Act Like Runaway Slaves For Black History Month
- Church Administrator, Wife Charged After Stealing $1.2 Million From Congregation To Go On Vacation
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
- What We Know About The Death And Alleged Murder Of Tamla Horsford
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More