There were so many amazingly beautiful and touching moments during the royal wedding of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, but one of our favorites included an amazing choir that totally brought down the house.
The Kingdom Choir, from South East England, sang Ben E. King’s classic song “Stand by Me” and “This Little Light Of Mine.”
Take a look for yourself:
Clearly, the majority Black choir was excited to take part in this history-making moment.
“We are extremely excited to be taking part in such a historic moment and know that it is one that we will always treasure,” the choir said in a statement.
“We’d like to take this opportunity to wish the couple all the very best for their coming union and thank them once again for their kind invitation.”
Led by founder and director Karen Gibson, the award-winning multi-denominational choir has been in existence for nearly 20 years, performing all over the world.
“I started The Kingdom Choir in response to a request from the BBC, who needed a choir for a special program they were broadcasting,” she said on the choir’s Facebook page.
“I now know that this was not a random incident or by accident, but the beginning of something that has blossomed in purpose and passion.”
The royal wedding wasn’t the first time they have performed for Queen. They performed at the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II, celebrating her 50 years on the throne, in 2002, ABC News reported.
- Let’s Celebrate The Sacrifice Of Our Ancestors | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Thieves Steal $1 Million In Jewels & Handbags From Shannon Sharpe’s L.A. Home
- Inspirational Lifestyles: One Minute Inspirations – Redeeming The Time
- Tasha Cobbs Leonard Is Number 1 On Billboard’s Gospel Air Play Chart this Week (Week of May 27, 2023)
- Serena Williams Tells Olympia She’s Going To Be A Big Sis, And Her Reaction Is Heart-Warming
- Issa Rae Talks The Importance Of Authenticity As A CEO In The May Issue Of ‘Black Enterprise’
- Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
- Happy World Africa Day! Learn About The 54 Countries of Africa
- GoFundMe Started To Help Family Of Teen In ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Viral Incident
- President Biden To Nominate Gen Charles “CQ” Brown As Next Chairman of The Joint Chiefs Of Staff
Oprah Winfrey Shares A Secret About Her Outfit For The Royal Wedding
Three Ways You Can Revamp Your Wardrobe Like Meghan Markle
The Obamas Are Not Invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding
The Black Choir That Gave Us Chills Singing “Stand By Me” At The Royal Wedding [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com