On September 8 2014, TMZ leaked a damning video of the ex-Ravens running back punching his then-fiancée unconscious and dragging her out of an elevator.
The player has been a free agent in the league ever since.
The couple went on to get married and recently announced they are expecting their second child.
With the recent announcement, Ray is now saying he will donate his salary to charity if he is given a second chance in the league, CBS reports.
The 29-year-old said he would put his earnings towards education and prevention of domestic violence.
It’s a noble final mea culpa for the ostracized athlete. No matter what happens, he says the league won’t be the end of him.
“If my window closes, I’m going to make sure I open up a thousand more opportunities for kids, to give them an opportunity to pick up where I left off. That’s where I’m at. I’ve got three Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl. There’s a lot of people that can’t go out there and do what I did. But I don’t want it to end that way, it’s safe to say,” he told the network.
Do you think he should be given another shot?
Faces of Hope: Survivors of Abuse
1. Tina Turner was in an abusive relationship with Ike Turner.1 of 18
2. Rihanna was the victim of domestic abuse at the hand of then boyfriend Chris Brown.2 of 18
3. Poet Maya Angelou was abused by her mother's boyfriend.3 of 18
4. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey was abused by a relative at age 9.4 of 18
5. Sugar Ray Leonard was abused by a coach when he was an amateur boxer.5 of 18
6. Christina Aguilera grew up with an abusive father.6 of 18
7. Vanessa Williams was abused by the daughter of a family friend.7 of 18
8. Bill Clinton's step father Roger Clinton was abusive .8 of 18
9. Common was abused by a family friend when he was about 10 years old.9 of 18
10. Mariah Carey was emotionally abused by an ex-boyfriend.10 of 18
11. Ellen DeGeneres was abused as a teen.Source:Getty 11 of 18
12. Mike Tyson was kidnapped and sexually abused when he was seven years old.12 of 18
13. Missy Elliott was a victim of childhood sexual abuse.13 of 18
14. Billie Holiday was raped by a neighbor.14 of 18
15. Antwone Fisher was emotionally and sexually abused as a child.15 of 18
16. Carlos Santana was a victim of childhood sexual abuse.16 of 18
17. Fantasia was raped by a classmate when she was in high school.17 of 18
18. Actor Derek Luke was a victim of sexual assault when he was a child.18 of 18
SOURCE: CBS | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Getty
Ray Rice Says He Will Donate His Salary To Charity If Signed To NFL Team was originally published on hellobeautiful.com