April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- Get Up! News Roundup: Spelman College Receives $30 Million Donation, Janet Jackson To Be Inducted Into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame & More
- How Pushing Boundaries Has Helped Deitrick Haddon Fulfill His Purpose [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- CoverGirl Launches Full Spectrum, A Beauty Collection For Women Of Color
- Kotex Recalls Tampons After Some Unravel Inside Women’s Bodies
- Single Mother Gets The Surprise Of A Lifetime From Her Bank [VIDEO]
- Pastor John Gray Defends Gifting His Wife A $200K Lamborghini For Their Anniversary [VIDEO]
- Nancy Wilson Dies At The Age Of 81
- ‘Lynching,’ Blackface And An Afro Wig: Black Cops Terrorized By Racist White Coworkers, Lawsuit Says
- Shaunie O’Neal’s Son Goes In For Heart Surgery: ‘If Only I Could Take His Place Today’