Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Here’s What NeNe Leakes Had To Say About Not Returning To Real Housewives Of Atlanta
- Patti Labelle Remembers The Time She Kicked Off Her Shoe And The Heel Landed In Her Knee
- Exclusive: Geoffrey Golden Debuts New Song, “Jesus” [LISTEN]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: How To Respond With Your Best Ability [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Multiple Pets [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Recognize The Enemy’s Tactics [VIDEO]
- Mom Of Eric Garner, Launches Petition To Declare September 15 “Eric Garner Day” In NYC
- Finish The Lyric: How Well Do You Know These Jonathan McReynolds Songs?
- Mr. Griffin: Take Time To Heal [VIDEO]
- Kamala Harris Rocking ‘Timbs’ Draws Attention To Boot Company’s History Of Political Donations