Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Jessica Oyelowo Drops A New Video For “What Love Does” From ‘The Water Man’ Movie
- Willie Moore Jr. Set To Premiere “The Missing Peace” Film About Meeting His Biological Family For The First Time In 41 Years
- Vanessa Bryant Suing L.A. Country Fire Department For Sharing Kobe Bryant’s Helicopter Crash Pics
- Judge Approves $577 Settlement In Lawsuit Involving Maryland HBCUs
- Chick-Fil-A Facing Sauce Shortage
- Olympic Runner Caster Semenya Ironically Arrested For Speeding
- Virginia Prosecutor Calls For Investigation After Cops Drag Black Woman From Her Vehicle
- Prayers Up: Tank Reveals He’s Going ‘Completely’ Deaf
- Phylicia Rashad Named Dean Of Fine Arts At Howard University
- Ellen DeGeneres To End Her Talk Show In 2022