Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Anika Noni Rose Will Star In Showtime’s New Vampire Drama Pilot ‘Let The Right One In’
- Beyoncé and Lorraine Schwartz Award Three Scholarships to Increase Diversity in the Jewelry Industry
- Bodycam Footage Released of the Fatal Shooting of the Columbus Teen by Police
- Civil Rights Leaders Cautiously Rejoice After Derek Chauvin Is Found Guilty Of Murder
- Derek Chauvin Found Guilty On All Charges In Death Of George Floyd
- Mental Health Professionals Discuss The Importance Of Detaching From Black Trauma
- Auntie Maxine’s Not New To This, She’s True To This: 5 Times Maxine Waters Took a Stand
- Vanessa Bryant Speaks On Ending Kobe’s Longtime Deal With Nike
- Smokie Norful Teams Up With Illinois State To Offer COVID-19 Vaccines To 1,000 Chicago Residents
- Memorial Service For DMX Will Be Family & Friends Only