Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Syleena Johnson Shows Off 50-Pound Weight Loss Ahead Of Her Fitness And Figure Competition Debut
- 2 Confirmed Dead, Multiple People Injured In Naval Air Station Pensacola Mass Shooting
- Animated Short ‘Hair Love’ Is Finally Online For Every Little Black Girl To See!
- Theater Junkies, Rejoice! Check Out These Trailers For Some Of The Most Highly-Anticipated Upcoming Movies
- Solo SZN: 6 Surprisingly Fun Things To Do When Spending The Holidays Alone
- Nancy Pelosi Responds With Religion To Reporter Who Asked If She ‘Hates’ Trump [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Christmas Gifts [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: “Lord, Help Me With My Flesh” [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: God Ain’t Scared Of Your Messy Life [VIDEO]
- Watch: Zacardi Cortez Releases Music Video For “You Don’t Know”