Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Tamela Mann Asking For Prayers While Recovering From Surgery [VIDEO]
- Arsenio Hall Is Officially On Board For ‘Coming To America’ Sequel
- Eddie Murphy In Talks To Secure $70M Netflix Stand-Up Comedy Deal
- Georgia Lawmaker Rep. Erica Thomas Claims A White Man Told Her To “Go Back To Where You Came From” [VIDEO]
- Mahershala Ali Will Star In Marvel’s ‘Blade’ Remake
- Philadelphia Man Climbs 15 Stories To Save Mother From Fire
- Wig Wearing Man Robs Multiple Atlanta Area Waffle Houses
- Yummm: Funny & Fascinating Frozen Facts About Ice Cream You Probably Didn’t Know
- New Study Shows Michelle Obama Is The Most Admired Woman In The World
- Anthony Brown Shows Off Dance Skills, Le’Andria Johnson Shares Testimony & More During Get Up! Mornings’ 3rd Anniversary Show [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]