Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Mr. Griffin: My Past Is Covered By The Blood Of Jesus
- Watch: Koryn Hawthorne Releases New Single & Video For “Pray”
- Healthy Ever After: Dr. Sabrina Jackson Discusses How To Manage Stress In A Pandemic
- T.I. & Tiny Will Be Grandparents! Zonnique Pullins Expeditiously Expecting Her First Child
- “Best Relationship I’ve Ever Been In” Tiffany Haddish Confirms Her And Common Are Official!
- Mali Music Releases Music Video For Cry
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Kid’s Going Through… [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: JJ Hairston Debuts New Single, “You Are Lord Of It All”
- How Long Was Nelson Mandela In Prison?
- Watch Fred Hammond’s “Alright” Video