Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- ERICAISM: Speak Up in Your Own Life [Listen]
- Adrienne Bailon and Israel Houghton Welcome First Child Together
- Guess Who’s Coming To Apple TV+? New ‘Sidney’ Documentary Pays Homage To Sidney Poitier
- Earnest Pugh Gives His Post-COVID Testimony In “God Did It” [Listen]
- I Hate The Homies Episode 13 “I Apologize”
- #HelpAmericaVote Day Encourages People To Volunteer As Poll Workers
- Faith Walking: Hear & Do The Word [Listen]
- ERICAISM: “The Right Thing & The Good Thing” [Listen]
- Maverick City Music, CeCe Winans Among 2022 Dove Award Nominees
- CeCe Winans Set to Launch First National Tour in Over A Decade!