Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Male Nurses [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Get Up! Mornings Check-In
- Jason Nelson Pre-Records Sunday Services For His Church During Quarantine [EXCLUSIVE]
- Tips, Tricks & Free Online Tools For Parents Becoming Teachers During Quarantine [EXCLUSIVE]
- Sybil Wilkes With What You Need to Know About The Coronavirus Stimulus Package [EXCLUSIVE]
- Former NFL Player Myron Rolle Is Now A Doctor Fighting Coronavirus
- Brooks Brothers To Make 150,000 Masks A Day To Fight Coronavirus Crisis
- Chicago Mayor, Lori Lightfoot Urges Citizens To Stay Home and Save Lives in Viral Video [WATCH]
- Report: ESPN To Move Up Date Of Upcoming Michael Jordan Documentary To April 19
- Carmelo Anthony Shares The Story Of How LeBron James Saved His Life