Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- LeBron James Is Writing A Children’s Book
- Watch “A Celebration of Life – Kobe and Gianna Bryant” Memorial Service [Live]
- Hidden Figure Katherine Johnson Passes Away At 101
- Model Turned Iconic Restaurateur B. Smith Dead At 70
- 5 Voter Suppression Tactics To Watch For In 2020
- Bri Babineaux Releases New Single “Build My Life”
- Man Kidnaps Woman, Forces Her To Watch ‘Roots’ To Better Understand Racism
- Griff’s Prayer For Rest [VIDEO]
- Jonathan McReynolds Delivers Powerful New Single “People” [Listen]
- Michelle Williams Says To Release People Who Walked Away: ‘Make Room Lord!’