Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Meagan Good Reveals She Froze Her Eggs
- Fantasia Says Collaboration With Jazmine Sullivan & Brandy Will Not Be Released
- ABC Announces Beyoncé’s ‘Making The Gift’ Special
- Get Up And Move Exercise Of The Week: Agility Ladder Part 2 [VIDEO]
- Here’s Everything You Need To Know About William McDowell’s New Live Album, ‘The Cry’
- First Black NBA Player Gets Posthumous Basketball Hall Of Fame Induction
- Berry Gordy Donates $4 Million To Detroit’s Motown Museum
- Syracuse University Names Scholarship After Exonerated Five’s Kevin Richardson
- Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade Launch T-Shirt Line Supporting The LGBTQ Community
- Gospel Radio Awards To Honor Mary Mary & Tye Tribbett In 2020