Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Watch: Todd Galberth Releases Music Video For “Better Than Good”
- Burt’s Bees Issues An Apology After Offensive Holiday Ad Features A Fatherless Black Family
- Sneak Peek: Chloe x Halle In Upcoming ‘Disney Holiday Singalong’
- GRAMMYs 2021: Full List Of Gospel Nominees
- David Dinkins, First Black Mayor Of New York City, Dies At 93
- 21-Year-Old Breonna Taylor Protest Leader Hazma ‘Travis’ Nagdy Killed In Fatal Shooting
- ‘Blessed’: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Would Be Just Second Black Woman Ambassador To United Nations
- Marvel Studio’s Announces Production Date For ‘Black Panther’ Sequel
- China McClain: ‘I Am Doing God’s Work Now’ [VIDEO]
- Steve King’s Racist ‘Slave’ Attack On Kamala Harris Renews False Birther Conspiracy Theory