Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Text To Win: Brian Courtney Wilson Private Virtual Meet & Greet [CONTEST]
- Exclusive: Jekalyn Carr Describes All The Ways God Is ‘Changing Her Story’ [VIDEO]
- Kristen Welker Wins Final Presidential Debate As Moderator Is Praised For Her Performance
- Jekalyn Carr and Her Boyfriend Jawaan Taylor Share How They Met [VIDEO]
- “Just Like Everything Else Trump Inherited, He Messed It Up!”: Barack Obama Speaks At Biden-Harris Rally In Philly [VIDEO]
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Mary J. Blige Discusses The Importance Of Mammograms [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Maryland Man Threatening To Kill Joe Biden And Kamala Harris Has Been Arrested And Charged
- New Biden Ads Emphatically Answer Trump’s Question To Black Voters: ‘What Do You Have To Lose’
- #EndSARS Peaceful Nigerian Protestors Say Officials Opened Fire On Them
- CeCe Winans’ Daughter Expecting Baby Boy [PHOTOS]