Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Top 10 Cities Where The Most Generous Practicing Christians Live
- Mr. Griffin: Who Are You Prayed Up With? [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Don’t Neglect The Power In The Name Of Jesus [VIDEO]
- John Witherspoon’s Cause Of Death Revealed
- Watch Tyler Perry Give a Private Tour of His New Studios
- Eric B. in Jail Over Warrant From 17 Years Ago
- Court Documents Reveal How Alexis Crawford Was Murdered
- When I Was Younger: How Travis Greene Learned That “Pace Is The Proof Of Trust” [VIDEO]
- New Research Shows Fewer Americans Believe In God
- Kevin Hart Gives Glory To God At People’s Choice Awards, His First Public Appearance Since Car Crash [VIDEO]