Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Randy Weston Of Judah Band Shares How God Moved Him While Battling Cancer [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Pastor Shirley Caesar Says Aretha Franklin Could Close A Show
- Everything We Know About Aretha Franklin Tributes And Funeral Arrangements
- Former United Nations Chief & Nobel Peace Prize Winner Kofi Annan Dies At The Age Of 80
- Aretha Franklin’s Funeral Arrangements Announced
- Pastor John Gray’s Wife, Aventer Shares How She Told Her Husband Not To Go Meet With Donald Trump [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Why GRIFF Wouldn’t Be Here If It Wasn’t For Aretha Franklin [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking Dedicated To Aretha Franklin [EXCLUSIVE]
- Faith Walking: God Will Deliver [EXCLUSIVE]
- Urban One Founder Cathy Hughes Speaks On The Life Of Aretha Franklin On The Donnie Simpson Show [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]