Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Biden Administration To Expedite Tubman $20 Bill
- Cat’s Birthday Party Leads to COVID-19 Spread
- Vice President Kamala Harris’ Husband, Douglas Emhoff, Begins Teaching Course At Georgetown Law
- Gabby Sidibe Shares Her Battle With Bulimia On ‘Peace Of Mind With Taraji’
- UCLA Gymnast Nia Dennis Lands A Near-Perfect Score With Her ‘Black Excellence’ Routine
- Trey Songz Arrested After Physical Altercation With Officers At Kansas City Chiefs’ Game
- R.I.P. Gregory Sierra of ‘Sanford and Son’ and ‘Barney Miller’ Dies at Age 83
- Broadcasting Legend Larry King Dies At 87
- Hank Aaron, Baseball Legend & Home Run King, Passes Away At 86
- Washington’s Jennifer King To Become First Black Woman Full-Time NFL Coach