Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Stellar Award Winners Maverick City Music Share What It Means To Win New Artist & Album Of The Year
- Study Confirms Cops Treat Black Drivers With Less Respect Than White Counterparts
- Simone Biles Returns For The Final Event Of The Tokyo Olympics
- Biz Markie Funeral Is Monday, Rev. Al Sharpton To Deliver Eulogy
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Philadelphia Black Man Freed After Three Decades in Prison Based Off 30-Year-Old Evidence Already In The System
- Jamaican Athlete Elaine Thompson-Herah Breaks Flo-Jo’s Olympic Record In Women’s 100 Meters
- Prayer Request: Kelly Price Has Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Legendary Nollywood Actress Rachael Oniga Dies At 64
- Alfonso Ribeiro Cites His Interracial Marriage For Not Being Accepted By The Black Community