Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Faith Walking: “Remember To Turn On The Light In Your Life” [LISTEN]
- Man Arrested for Bomb Threat at Tyler Perry Studios
- Does Walmart Really Sell ‘Juneteenth’ Ice Cream?
- Kimora Lee Simmons And Aoki Lee Simmons Give Us Mother Daughter Fashion Goals In Dior
- Jesse Williams And Scholly Launch Scholarship Fund
- Sabrina And Idris Elba Give Us Fashion Envy At Cannes Film Festival
- NBA Star Stephen Curry Earns Degree From Davidson
- CBC Wants Biden To Cancel Student Debt And More
- Jay-Z’s Venture Capital Firm Backs Black-Led Finance App
- Grassroots Progressive Organizers Are Transforming The Midterms Landscape