Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- JJ & Trina Hairston Surprise Parents Of Worshipping Baby With A Virtual Baby Shower [VIDEO]
- Justin Bieber Says If He Could Go Back, He’d Wait For Marriage To Have Sex
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Hospital Public Safety Officers [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Unexpected Blessings [VIDEO]
- Lori Loughlin & Her Husband To Plead Guilty In College Bribery Scandal
- Bronner Brothers Iconic Beauty Show Cancelled, But Plans To Go Virtual
- “The Beat Don’t Stop” TV One’s Original Go-Go Music Documentary Premieres June 21st
- Alicia Keys Shares Some Of Her High School Photos
- Arrest Made In Connection To Murder Investigation Of Two Georgia Sisters Found Under Bridge
- Little Richard Buried at Seventh-Day Adventist HBCU He Attended In The 1950s