Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Knowing Your Family History Could Possibly Prevent Breast Cancer [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Deitrick Haddon Pens Three Songs On Usher’s New Album, ‘A’
- Jo Dee Messina On Battling Cancer: “I Know That God Has Me”
- Travis Greene Announces ‘See the Light’ Tour, Reveals New Single With Jekalyn Carr
- From Oprah To Chance The Rapper, African-Americans Are Trying To Fight Hunger In Practical Ways
- Wife Of Temptations’ Dennis Edwards Denies Abusing Him Before His Death
- Here’s How Sears Had Unexpected Influence With Black Shoppers
- Orlando Brown Checks Into Rehab
- What Does The Bible Say About Halloween?
- Which Halloween Candy Is Most Popular In Your State?