Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Spoke On Using The N-Word In A Rare Letter Auctioning For $95K
- Keke Palmer: ‘Never Forget Who You Are Or Where You Came From’
- Mike Grier Makes NHL History As First Black GM With San Jose Sharks Deal
- Chicago Teen Fatally Shoots Girl For Throwing Water On McDonald’s Employee
- Who Is Patriot Front And Why Are Folks Calling Them The ‘New Klan?’
- More Black Employees Hit Tesla With Latest Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Be Still and Know – One of Us (July 5th)
- Educators In Texas Opt To Have Slavery Renamed As “Involuntary Relocation”
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Be Still and Know – Prayerful Union (July 1st)
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Freedom Always Involves Some Struggle