John Legend became the youngest person to achieve EGOT status with his Emmy win for Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert on Sunday night. Legend won the Oustanding Variety Special (Live) award for his work as a producer on the program — making history in the process.
There are only 15 EGOTs – recipients of the Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Awards ever. Legend was joined by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice in achieving EGOT status on Sunday.
RELATED: John Legend Says He Dreams Of Songs
To date, Legend has won 10 Grammys. In 2015, he and Common won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Glory,” featured in the movie Selma. In 2017, he won a Tony in the Best Revival of a Play category for his role as co-producer of Jitney.
Legend’s wife, Chrissy Teigen posted a photo of Legend alongside Webber and Rice, captioning it, “EGOT GOATS.”
- Love Talking: JJ Hairston Debuts “Excess Love Remix” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Tyler Perry Opens Up About Sharing The Word Of God On Social Media [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Family Who Named Their Newborn Twins, Covid & Corona [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Having Childlike Faith [VIDEO]
- Congrats! Jeezy & Jeannie Mai Get Engaged
- A Time of Refreshing: VaShawn Mitchell & Friends Mini Concert [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO PREMIERE]
- Porsha Invites Women To Break The Stigma Of Having A Miscarriage
- Detroit Bus Driver Who Complained About A Passenger Coughing Has Died Of COVID-19
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Barbershops [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Search My Heart [VIDEO]
John Legend Completes Rare EGOT Feat With Emmy For ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com