John Legend became the youngest person to achieve EGOT status with his Emmy win for Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert on Sunday night. Legend won the Oustanding Variety Special (Live) award for his work as a producer on the program — making history in the process.
There are only 15 EGOTs – recipients of the Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Awards ever. Legend was joined by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice in achieving EGOT status on Sunday.
RELATED: John Legend Says He Dreams Of Songs
To date, Legend has won 10 Grammys. In 2015, he and Common won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Glory,” featured in the movie Selma. In 2017, he won a Tony in the Best Revival of a Play category for his role as co-producer of Jitney.
Legend’s wife, Chrissy Teigen posted a photo of Legend alongside Webber and Rice, captioning it, “EGOT GOATS.”
- Here’s What NeNe Leakes Had To Say About Not Returning To Real Housewives Of Atlanta
- Patti Labelle Remembers The Time She Kicked Off Her Shoe And The Heel Landed In Her Knee
- Exclusive: Geoffrey Golden Debuts New Song, “Jesus” [LISTEN]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: How To Respond With Your Best Ability [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Multiple Pets [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Recognize The Enemy’s Tactics [VIDEO]
- Mom Of Eric Garner, Launches Petition To Declare September 15 “Eric Garner Day” In NYC
- Finish The Lyric: How Well Do You Know These Jonathan McReynolds Songs?
- Mr. Griffin: Take Time To Heal [VIDEO]
- Kamala Harris Rocking ‘Timbs’ Draws Attention To Boot Company’s History Of Political Donations
John Legend Completes Rare EGOT Feat With Emmy For ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com