John Legend became the youngest person to achieve EGOT status with his Emmy win for Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert on Sunday night. Legend won the Oustanding Variety Special (Live) award for his work as a producer on the program — making history in the process.
There are only 15 EGOTs – recipients of the Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Awards ever. Legend was joined by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice in achieving EGOT status on Sunday.
RELATED: John Legend Says He Dreams Of Songs
To date, Legend has won 10 Grammys. In 2015, he and Common won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Glory,” featured in the movie Selma. In 2017, he won a Tony in the Best Revival of a Play category for his role as co-producer of Jitney.
Legend’s wife, Chrissy Teigen posted a photo of Legend alongside Webber and Rice, captioning it, “EGOT GOATS.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade To Make Abortion Unconstitutional
- Uvalde Mayor Confirms Demolition Of Robb Elementary: “You Can Never Ask A Child To Go Back”
- Clarence Thomas Writes Majority Opinion In ‘Dangerous’ SCOTUS Ruling Relaxing NY Gun Laws
- Insurance Agency In Maine Criticized For Racist Juneteenth Sign: “Enjoy Your Fried Chicken & Collard Greens”
- Jussie Smollett Maintains Innocence In Viral Race Hoax
- Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard Kelly Are Featured on Disney’s “Harmonious”
- Video Shows ‘Black Police Graduate’ Accusing Cops Of Racial Profiling During Traffic Stop
- These 5 States Have The Lowest Life Expectancy For Black People
- Learn How To Break Into The Music Business At Radio One Presents The Music Meeting On June 30th!
- Mississippi’s Top Court Upholds Life Sentence For Weed Conviction By ‘Habitual Offender’
John Legend Completes Rare EGOT Feat With Emmy For ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com