John Legend became the youngest person to achieve EGOT status with his Emmy win for Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert on Sunday night. Legend won the Oustanding Variety Special (Live) award for his work as a producer on the program — making history in the process.
There are only 15 EGOTs – recipients of the Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Awards ever. Legend was joined by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice in achieving EGOT status on Sunday.
RELATED: John Legend Says He Dreams Of Songs
To date, Legend has won 10 Grammys. In 2015, he and Common won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Glory,” featured in the movie Selma. In 2017, he won a Tony in the Best Revival of a Play category for his role as co-producer of Jitney.
Legend’s wife, Chrissy Teigen posted a photo of Legend alongside Webber and Rice, captioning it, “EGOT GOATS.”
- Chante Moore Dishes On Her James Ingram Tribute At Urban One Honors! [EXCLUSIVE]
- All-Star Baseball Player Adam Wainwright Leads 1-Year Online Bible Study For Fans
- Gospel Nominees Announced for 51st Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Tyler Perry And Crystal A. Fox Had A ‘Knock Down, Drag Out Argument’ About Hair On The Set of ‘A Fall From Grace’
- Mr. Griffin: Your Weaknesses Are Your Strengths [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Don’t Feel Bad If You’re A Quiet Praiser [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Aging In The Church [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Watch What You Eat [VIDEO]
- WWE Hall Of Famer And Father Of The Rock, Rocky Johnson Dead At 75
- Neo-Nazi Arrested, Charged With Making Threats Against Historic Black Church
John Legend Completes Rare EGOT Feat With Emmy For ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com