Former first lady Michelle Obama sat down with TODAY to announce the launch of the Global Girls Alliance. The initiative focuses on the importance of education for young girls, “The stats show that when you educate a girl, you educate a family, a community, a country,” she said on the show.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“I didn’t realize at the time that anybody noticed what we were doing… He is my partner in crime at every major thing where all the formers gather… I love him to death.” @MichelleObama talks about George W. Bush handing her a cough drop (an old one at that!) at McCain’s funeral pic.twitter.com/hS9fV0DHjB
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) October 11, 2018
Mrs. Obama says, “there are 98 million adolescent girls that are not in school,” and that doesn’t make sense. She says that girls and women are the” backbone” of their families and communities, so to tackle big world issues like “global warming,” or “maternal mortality,” we have to educate our girls.
Michelle Obama Through The Years
1. Michelle Obama's kindergarten class picture. Michelle Obama stands on the third row (second from the right) and her first kiss, Dr. Theodore Ford, stands on the back row (second from the left).1 of 2
2. Happy Birthday First Lady O!2 of 2
READ MORE STORIES ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Mr. Griffin: Will You When You Won’t? [VIDEO]
- Ikea Allowed Muslims To Safely Pray In There Parking Lot While Social Distancing [PHOTO]
- Protected: Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell ® “AARP Black Music Month Promotion”
Michelle Obama Announces Global Girls Alliance [Video] was originally published on blackamericaweb.com