Text “ERICA” to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
The Chicago Police Department has a question to ask Jussie Smollett: Did you set up your own attack?
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Police officials in Chicago denied an early report that stated that the Empire star may have set up his own attack but now CNN is reported that they are investigating if it indeed happened. The news network is reporting that two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to assault them on January 29th. This is after CPD released the two men who are brothers from custody accused of beating Smollett on Friday night citing “new evidence.”
Sources state that the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett’s neck at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago near Smollet’s home. Smollett told Chicago police that he was attacked by two men and they shouted racist and homophobic epithets before punching him. He also said that the men placed a rope around his neck. Bleach was also reportedly used in the attack. Smollett gave details on the attack with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America.
SOURCE | CNN
Jussie Smollett’s Most Smoldering Moments
1. Jussie SmollettSource: 1 of 10
2. Jussie SmollettSource: 2 of 10
3. Jussie SmollettSource: 3 of 10
4. Jussie SmollettSource: 4 of 10
5. Jussie SmollettSource: 5 of 10
6. Jussie SmollettSource: 6 of 10
7. Jussie SmollettSource: 7 of 10
8. Jussie SmollettSource: 8 of 10
9. Jussie SmollettSource: 9 of 10
10. Jussie SmollettSource: 10 of 10
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- 12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
- 5 Inspirational Songs To Listen To When You’re Discouraged
- BET’s “Sunday Best” To Return To Television!