Quentin Groves, a former NFL and Auburn University star, died in his sleep on Saturday of a heart attack.
The ex-linebacker was in Trinidad, where his wife Treska Baptise is from, to celebrate their daughter Que’Jaah’s birthday. Groves was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome during the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine, the Daily Mail reports. Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome causes an extra electrical pathway between the heart’s chambers that can cause rapid heartbeats.
After undergoing surgery to treat the issue, Groves was then picked 52nd in the NFL draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars. He has also played for the Oakland Raiders, Arizona Cardinals, and Cleveland Browns. Groves’ alma Mater, Auburn University, revealed the news of his death over the weekend via Twitter:
Quentin Groves leaves behind his wife Treska Baptise, daughter Que’Jaah, and his son Que’Mani. We’ll keep his family in our prayers.
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,' died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer's disease.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson's.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in 'Star Wars,' passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in 'Not Another Teen Movie.'Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. 'The Voice' star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. 'Blood, Sweat, & Heels' reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince's protegée and ex-girlfriend.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson's disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. A Tribe Called Quest rapper Phife Dawg passed away on March 22 due to complications from diabetes. He was 45 years old.Source:Getty 14 of 14
SOURCE: Daily Mail | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter