Pharrell Williams has collaborated with Adidas for the Hu Collection. The line consists of sneakers that have sayings like, “Hu,” “Race,” and “Species.”
The line also includes tees and jackets. This is the second partnership with the brand, since his 2015 Supercolor line.
Pharrell met with the MHA Nation, comprising of three Native American groups in June. The video led to a short film featuring people from the MHA nation wearing pieces from the Hu Collection. It not only focuses on fashion, but also the group’s traditions and culture. Think fashion meets education.
Pharrell was asked by Fashionista.com how he made sure the line is more representation that appropriation to which he replied,
“I was just providing a visual and auditory platform for them to tell their story. With our brand, instead of it just being my face plastered everywhere, I thought it would be very interesting to just show culture. I think the greatest color of all time is culture.”
He even had a panel with indigenous activists regarding the dangers of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
Kudos to Pharrell for using his platform to elevate issues and bring Native American culture to the masses.
Read the original interview, here.
FAB FINDS: 11 Hair And Skin Products You Need For Cold Weather Months
1. CREME OF NATURESource:Hello Beautiful 1 of 10
2. IT COSMETICS: CONFIDENCE IN A CREAMSource:Instagram 2 of 10
3. BOLDEN SHEA OILSource:Instagram 3 of 10
4. MOISTURE LOVESource:Instagram 4 of 10
5. URBAN SKIN RX HYDRATING LIP TREATMENTSource:Instagram 5 of 10
6. LOTTA BODYSource:Hello Beautiful 6 of 10
7. SKIN YOGASource:Instagram 7 of 10
8. LA BELLE FEMME POMEGRANATE KISS BODY BUTTERSource:Instagram 8 of 10
9. JOJOBA COMPANY'S OVERNIGHT RENEWAL CREAMSource:Instagram 9 of 10
10. BELLI FACIAL HYDRATORSource:Instagram 10 of 10