NFL star Devon Still and his daughter Leah Still have a lot to celebrate this weekend: Saturday marked the 2-year anniversary of the 7-year-old being cancer free.
On his Instragram page, the Houston Texans defensive tackle posted up an with a pic from of a past hospital visit when Leah was first diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a rare pediatric cancer. Still proudly wrote: “No matter how hard it got we never gave up. So today, we celebrate your strength and perseverance Leah! I love you more than you could ever possibly know.”
I want to wish a Happy 2nd Birthday to my daughter, Leah. Today marks 2 years in remission! From the moment we took this picture in the hospital, right before doctors walked in the room and said she had cancer, we had an extremely tough fight. But no matter how hard it got we never gave up. So today, we celebrate your strength and perseverance Leah! I love you more than you could ever possibly know.
Later that day, Leah starred in a video talking about the first-ever gala for the Still Strong Foundation, which raises money to provide financial assistance to families with children are battling cancer. It was started in 2015.
As we previously reported Leah endured “41 days of chemotherapy, 40 days of antibody therapy, 19 days of radiation and one seven-hour surgery,” before being declared cancer free in March of 2015.
We couldn’t be happier to hear this beautiful news!
Devon and Leah Still Family Photo Album [MUST SEE]
1. Photo Cred: LeahSource:Instagram 1 of 8
2. The smile you have after shutting down the mall, literally. This girl had security and the mall manager following her aroundSource:Instagram 2 of 8
3. Selfies in the hospital to pass time by as we wait for the stem cellsSource:Instagram 3 of 8
4. She brings out the smile in me #Christmas2014 #PrayForLeah #LeahStrongSource:Instagram 4 of 8
5. I think we compliment each other well #PrayForLeah #LeahStrongSource:Instagram 5 of 8
6. Hard at work!Source:Instagram 6 of 8
7. #FistBump 👊 #PrayForLeah #LeahStrong #BeatCancerSource:Instagram 7 of 8
8. LOVESource:Instagram 8 of 8