In this edition of Healthy Ever After, Dr. Griffin Rodgers is the director of the National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases. He talks with Erica Campbell and GRIFF about the connection between diabetes and kidney disease. Diabetes and high blood pressure are the main causes of Kidney disease in adults. Diabetes is also the leading cause of blindness, and Kidney failure.
Dr. Griffin Rodgers details how we can prevent these diseases, get tested for them, and more. Plus, he explains how even how much we sleep can take such a toll on our bodies. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
1. Lady Gaga once told Billboard about her depression, “I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life. I just want these kids to know that this modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That’s not human.”
1 of 10
2. Adele once admitted that anxiety attacks keep her from playing large festivals and arenas.
2 of 10
3. Jennifer Lawrence once revealed that she suffered from social anxiety as soon as she started school.
3 of 10
4. Kid Cudi checked himself into rehab in October for depression and suicidal thoughts.
4 of 10
5. After a stint in rehab for anorexia, bulimia, and cutting, Demi Lovato discovered that she was manic depressive/bipolar. She told People, “I feel like I am in control now, where for my whole life, I wasn’t in control.”
5 of 10
6. Kanye West reportedly felt suicidal after the death of his mother in 2007.
6 of 10
7. Zayn Malik’s anxiety is often so crippling, it’s caused him to cancel shows.
7 of 10
8. Britney Spears knows a thing or two about social anxiety, saying, “I’m not good in large groups, I just make everything awkward.”
8 of 10
9. The Rock talked to Oprah about his depression, saying, “I wish I had someone at that time who could just pull me aside and say, ‘Hey, it’s gonna be okay. It’ll be okay.'”
9 of 10
10. Kerry Washington once spoke about her depression and unhealthy relationship with food and exercise in college, saying, “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health.”
10 of 10
Continue reading True Strength: Celebrities Who’ve Been Open About Their Mental Health Issues
True Strength: Celebrities Who’ve Been Open About Their Mental Health Issues
Kid Cudi just entered rehab for depression and suicidal thoughts. Here are other celebrities who have struggled with mental health issues.