“Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing,” Alicia wrote.
She already appears to be upholding her vow.
"One thing I appreciate hearing from people who have known me for years, is when they tell me “Alicia, you’re still the same.” Of course I’m not, I’m a woman now and much wiser and I have more understanding of my life, music and art but I am still the same spirit. Fearlessness and becoming more comfortable in my own skin and caring less about what I would say or do, was always at the core of my original work, now with all the life I’ve lived and all the things I’ve learnt, I am still the very same." – @aliciakeys in her brand new cover shoot exclusively for Fault. FAULT-MAGAZINE.COM Words @Miles_Holder Photography @zoltantombor Styling @cocochaunielle Makeup Dotti using SK-II @streetersusa Hair: @tippishorter @Fr8me l Photographed at @dreamhotels NYC Manicurist @nailsbychellz #faultmagazine #aliciakeys
In the short time since her Lenny piece was published, Alicia has posed bare-faced for Fault magazine and the spread has prompted a new hashtag on Twitter. #NoMakeup inspires fans to share their au naturel selfies.
According to Alicia, the movement started from a photo shoot she did with photographer Paola Kudacki for her new album.
Huffington Post reports:
Keys, who arrived on-set from the gym with no makeup on and a sweatshirt — a look she called a “quick run-to-the-shoot-so-I-can-get-ready look” — ended up staying in that exact look for the shoot.
“I swear it is the strongest, most empowered, most free, and most honestly beautiful that I have ever felt,” she said of the experience.
We couldn’t agree more.
The Best Photos Of Alicia Keys In Mommy Mode
1. Game Time with Egypt.Source:Instagram 1 of 8
2. Thanksgiving blessings from mommy and Egypt.Source:Instagram 2 of 8
3. Love from the Deans.Source:Instagram 3 of 8
4. Welcome to the world, Genesis Ali Dean.Source:Instagram 4 of 8
5. Alicia captioned this adorable photo of her two boys, "The most beautiful bond in the world."Source:Instagram 5 of 8
6. Taking off with newborn Genesis.Source:Instagram 6 of 8
7. The now mother of two captioned this photo, "Motherhood is a miracle that continues to unfold."Source:Instagram 7 of 8
8. The Deans welcome Genesis Ali.Source:Instagram 8 of 8
SOURCE: Huffington Post | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram