A conservative Christian family-run company called Hobby Lobby has helped create a Museum of the Bible in Washington DC that is 430,000-square-feet and worth $500 Million. The massive building is is eight levels with 22-foot high digital ceilings and is larger than DC’s National Air Museum and the Space Museum.
The museum is set to open November 18th, but not without plenty of controversy. The company Hobby Lobby has added a collection of more than 40,000 ancient biblical artifacts to the museum which have said to be illegally smuggled from the Middle East. They have already been fined and had to forfeit many of their pieces. But this hasn’t stopped the mega museums doors from opening.
ALSO CHECK OUT: Important Scriptures Every Christian Couple Should Have
Some say the museum is evangelical propaganda, while others say its an amazing experience which opens your eyes to so many aspects of the bible.
Would you visit Washington DC’s new Museum Of The Bible? Take our poll and lets us know.
- Kierra Sheard Shares The Best Parts of Marriage Life & New Single “Miracles” [Interview]
- JJ Hairston Explains ‘A Season of Great Faith’ & The Message Behind “Believe Again”
- Radio One Turns 42! A Timeline Of How Cathy Hughes Built A Black Empire
- Fisk University Welcomes the Largest Freshmen Class in Over 40 Years
- “The Hair Tales” Trailer Is Here! Get A Glimpse At Hulu & OWN’s Six-Part Series Celebrating Black Beauty
- Jackson Can’t ‘Trust’ Mississippi To Fix Water Crisis, Mayor Says Amid Calls For Civil Rights Investigation
- CeCe Winans Set to Hit the Road with First National Tour in Over A Decade!
- Platinum-Selling Gospel Jazz Music Mogul Ben Tankard Launching SMOOTH LIFE TV NETWORK
- Maverick City Music Pauses Relationship With Dante Bowe Over “Inconsistent” Actions
- Virginia Student Walkout Draws Attention To ‘Devastating Levels Of Discrimination’ Among Black Trans Population