According to the bellereport.com
LA/NY November 30th, 2017: Gospel sensation and WEtv star Tina Campbell is nominated for a 2018 Grammy® Award for “Best Gospel Performance/Song” for her hit single “Too Hard Not To,” the lead single from her album “It’s Still Personal,” released just this past September. Tina is one half of the iconic Gospel duo Mary Mary, with her sister Erica, and the two recently starred in WEtv’s hit reality TV series of the same name until its series finale this past October. Winner of four Grammy awards, this is Tina’s seventh Grammy nomination, previously having been nominated as a member of Mary Mary and as a songwriter with her sister Erica; this nomination is Tina’s first as a solo artist.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“This song is God breathed,” Tina explains, “extremely personal, and how I acquired a better life. Money can’t buy this. Fame can’t accomplish this. Intellect can’t mastermind this. Power can’t acquire this. This idea, this concept, this philosophy, this wisdom, presented by way of lyrics, melody, and music, is what takes you from mere existence or mere survival to freedom and abundant living that can’t be measured or stolen by people nor things. When you can’t control life, you control you and chose forgiveness. That is power. That is love. That is living. I pray that “Too Hard Not To” becomes the anthem, the philosophy, the reality, and gateway to total healing and freedom for billions, just as it was for me.”
“Too Hard Not To” was released ahead of the album on July 28th, premiering on her sister’s nationally syndicated morning radio show Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell. The single spent four weeks on the Billboard Gospel charts, peaking at #2. The single’s accompanying music video premiered exclusively with Essence.com in September.
The full album, It’s Still Personal, is a follow up to, and refreshing of, the singer’s 2015 solo debut It’s Personal, which was the NAACP Image Award winner for Outstanding Gospel Album in 2016. The album also scored big wins in both the Traditional Female Vocalist and Traditional CD of the Year categories at the 31st Annual Stellar Gospel Music Awards.
“It takes courage to be a gospel artist and choose a single like “Too Hard Not To.” A song that is mature and responsible and suggests that you face your challenges is a bit hard to perceive and receive by many. It’s not trendy. It’s doesn’t help you to escape reality. It doesn’t lend itself to creating a feeling of euphoria. This song is not an immediate fix, however, this song was so necessary so i went for it. I’ve found that when you follow your heart, especially when it conveys God’s heart, you can always expect great things to follow. This is one of those great things… so unexpected but I’m so completely grateful.”
- Dawn Strozier’s Tips For People Who Want To Lose Weight Quickly [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Ericaism: I’ve Fallen and I CAN Get Up [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Will McMillan Tells What Inspired Him To Cover James Cleveland’s “Best Thing” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Faith Walking: Planning with Preparation (#CountUpTheCost) [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Fashionable Tina Campbell
1. Tina Is Not AFraid To Take Chances1 of 17
2. She gives all to Mentoring Other Women2 of 17
3. A Smile of Gold3 of 17
4. Tina Is Passionate About Many Things4 of 17
5. New Day New Woman5 of 17
6. Tina Campbell Jazz Festival 20136 of 17
7. Full On Tina7 of 17
8. Tina 2012 Fashion Diva Expecting8 of 17
9. Tina Campbell with sister Erica In 20099 of 17
10. Tina Campbell at BET awards 200610 of 17
11. Tina Rocking Pink and yellow11 of 17
12. Tina attending 2009 Style Studio12 of 17
13. Grammys 200913 of 17
14. Erica and Tina Season 1 Mary Mary14 of 17
15. Tina NAACP Awards 201015 of 17
16. Tina Superbowl16 of 17
17. Tina Season 3 Mary Mary17 of 17
Tina Campbell’s “Too Hard Not To” Nominated For 2018 Grammy was originally published on praiseindy.com