Christian Rapper Big Redd hails from South Carolina, and has opened up for artists like Travis Greene and Kierra Sheard. He spoke with Erica Campbell and GRIFF about his song, “Running Back To You,” which he says he started writing two years ago. He recalled immediately wanting Fred Hammond to be on it, and talking to God about what to say in the song.
He talks about his intent to change generations by making gospel relatable to them, especially in a culture today where everything comes at you so fast.He shares his desire to be honest about all the different places you can be in your relationship with God. Big Redd also details how he eventually got Fred Hammond’s attention. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Jonathan McReynolds & Mali Music Announce Joint Tour
- U.S. Senate Designates November As Hip-Hop History Month & More
- Stellar Award Winners Maverick City Music Share What It Means To Win New Artist & Album Of The Year
- Dolly Parton Used Her Whitney Houston Royalties To Help A Black Community
- Study Confirms Cops Treat Black Drivers With Less Respect Than White Counterparts
- Simone Biles Returns For The Final Event Of The Tokyo Olympics
- Biz Markie Funeral Is Monday, Rev. Al Sharpton To Deliver Eulogy
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Philadelphia Black Man Freed After Three Decades in Prison Based Off 30-Year-Old Evidence Already In The System
- Jamaican Athlete Elaine Thompson-Herah Breaks Flo-Jo’s Olympic Record In Women’s 100 Meters