NBA superstar Kevin Durant and his mother Wanda are the subjects in a new, inspirational Lifetime movie called The Real MVP: The Wanda Durant Story.
During an emotional acceptance speech in 2014 when Durant was recognized as the NBA’s Most Valuable Player, he gave props to his mom calling her “the real MVP” and the video clip went viral. Memes surfaced, the line became endearing slang in casual conversation and now, it’s the concept of a movie.
Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit Productions was tasked to recreate an ongoing story – the story of how a young, single mother raised two successful boys, one of which would go on to play basketball for Oklahoma City Thunder.
Cassandra Freeman stars as Wanda, while Daniel Bellomy and Nic Few will play Kevin and Tony Durant (see clip below).
The Real MVP premieres Mother’s Day weekend (May 7) at 8 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
SOURCE: GospelGoodies.com | PHOTO: Getty
Love & Basketball: The REAL Wives Of Some Of The Most Famous Players
1. Giovanni is married to Dallas Mavericks star Rashard LewisSource: 1 of 12
2. Tori is married to LA Clippers player Jamal CrawfordSource: 2 of 12
3. Erika is married to retired NBA veteran Chris WebberSource: 3 of 12
4. Jada is married to LA Clippers star Chris PaulSource: 4 of 12
5. Ecko is married to Sacremento Kings star Rudy GaySource: 5 of 12
6. Faith is married to Miami Heat star Udonis HaslemSource: 6 of 12
7. Lala is married to NY Knicks player Carmelo AnthonySource: 7 of 12
8. Cookie is married to NBA veteran Magic JohnsonSource: 8 of 12
9. Savannah is married to Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron JamesSource: 9 of 12
10. Gabrielle Union is married to Miami Heat player Dwayne WadeSource: 10 of 12
11. Adrienne is married to Miami Heat star Chris BoshSource: 11 of 12
12. Monica is married to Miami Heat player Shannon BrownSource: 12 of 12
Lifetime Recreates Inspirational Story About Kevin Durant’s Mother [VIDEO] was originally published on elev8.hellobeautiful.com