Actress Kim Fields chatted with Erica Campbell and GRIFF about her new book, “Blessed Life: My Surprising Journey of Joy, Tears, and Tales from Harlem to Hollywood.” Kim calls it an “active reflection” on 40 years in the business, and 48 years of life. She calls it a “highlight reel for God,” because of all the things He has done for her. Still, she explains, everything hasn’t been great all the time, and she wanted to bring up some of the things she hasn’t talked about over the years.
Kim talks about still being in full swing of her career while writing the book, and why it shouldn’t be looked at as a mark of retirement. She explains how she made sure to include the fun of all these pop culture memories. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Love Talking: Love & Discipline Go Hand In Hand [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Debra Lee To Step Down As Chairman And CEO Of BET
- How Black Women Delivered Stacey Abrams’ Historic Win In Georgia’s Primary Race
- Maurette’s Inspiration That Sticks: Be The Best You
- Holy Grounds! Swoope’s “Shining Down” Vs. 1k Phew’s “Show Love” [MUSIC]
- Don’t Have Cash For The Offering Basket? Don’t Worry, These Churches Have Apple Pay
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama Shares Images From “Becoming” [PHOTOS]
- Get Up Poll: How Long Is Too Long To Let Your Kids Live With You? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Donnie McClurkin Addresses Throat Cancer Rumors [VIDEO]
- Jekalyn Carr Acoustic Performance [VIDEO]