A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Faith Walking: Fight In The Spirit [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Help The Young Mommas [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Who Are You Working For? [EXCLUSIVE]
- ‘Greenleaf’ Season 3, Episode 5 Recap: “That’s Nature’s Way”
- Oh No! Steve Harvey’s Lost Long-Running Talk Show Just Got Cancelled
- Mark Wahlberg Gets Up At 2:30 In The Morning To Pray
- Fred Jerkins Speaks On How Michael Jackson Pushed Him To Work Harder [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Thandie Newton Under Fire For Declaring Atheism And Thanking God At Emmys 2018 [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer About Not Being A Vegetarian Anymore [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- True Hollywood Bible Story: Satan Tempts Jesus [EXCLUSIVE]