A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Warryn & Erica Campbell On Sexting [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Come Boldly To The Throne Of God [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Who Should Portray Marvin Gaye In The Dr. Dre-Produced Biopic? [EXCLUSIVE]
- “We’re The Campbells” Washington, D.C. Screening [PHOTOS]
- Love Talking: Do You Really Want To Date A Creative? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- GRIFF Shares His Favorite Moments From “We’re The Campbells”: Episode 1 [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- How Men Can Safeguard Their Health
- Why You Must Keep Your Children Under Control In Public Places [EXCLUSIVE]
- What Warryn & Erica Campbell’s Friends Think About “We’re The Campbells” [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: I’m Grateful For My Life [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]