A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Kanye West To Release ‘Jesus Is King’ Movie [VIDEO]
- Report: Pastors of Larger Churches Are More Likely To Prioritize Counseling & Discipleship
- Mary J. Blige, Marlon Wayans And More Added To Aretha Franklin Biopic Cast
- Nipsey Hussle’s Alleged Killer Wants Attempted Murder Charges Dropped
- Devon Franklin And Cedric The Entertainer Will Produce ‘A Johnson Family Vacation’ Sequel
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Strengthening Your Core [VIDEO]
- Werk! Michelle Obama’s Six-Pack Pic Basically Broke Instagram!
- Shaquille O’Neal Provides Family Of 12-Year-Old Paralyzed In Shooting With Wheelchair Accessible Home
- Issa Rae Joins Forces With Atlantic Records To Launch New Record Label
- City Of Dallas Might Not Be Part Of Botham Jean’s Family’s Civil Lawsuit After All