A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Barack Obama Congratulates Woman He Granted Clemency To After She Made The Dean’s List
- Missy Elliott Sounds Off On Her Legendary Career: “Everything I Spoke, I’ve Done”
- Woman Dies In Dominican Republic After Getting Plastic Surgery Against Her Family’s Wishes
- Justice Department Won’t Charge Officer Involved In Eric Garner’s Death
- Sen. Kamala Harris Lands Endorsement Of Major Civil Rights Attorney
- Ericaism: Who’s In Your Corner? [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier Gives Us A Full Body Summer Workout [VIDEO]
- Pastor Held Armed Robber At Gunpoint Inside Church [VIDEO]
- Kamala Harris Proposes Investing $1B To End Nationwide Rape Kit Backlog
- Mother Of Nipsey’s Daughter Says Family Has Stopped Taking Care Of Her Since His Passing