Will Smith these days is the king of Instagram. The rapper and actor daily drops gems to fans, tells stories and inspires us. He posted a picture of his grandmother, Gigi and spoke about how she impacted his career.
He mentioned that when he was young he would write rhymes with cursing in a book. Smith said, “She found my rap book and she never said anything to me but she wrote in the back of it ‘Dear Willard, truly intelligent people do not have to use words like this to express themselves. Please show the world that you’re as smart as we think you are. Love Gigi.'”
Those words she wrote made him realize he was creating things that would have an affect on others. He said, “That was probably the single most impactful event that shaped how I led and how I still lead my career.” We all need a Gigi in our life.
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Male Nurses [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Get Up! Mornings Check-In
- Jason Nelson Pre-Records Sunday Services For His Church During Quarantine [EXCLUSIVE]
- Tips, Tricks & Free Online Tools For Parents Becoming Teachers During Quarantine [EXCLUSIVE]
- Sybil Wilkes With What You Need to Know About The Coronavirus Stimulus Package [EXCLUSIVE]
- Former NFL Player Myron Rolle Is Now A Doctor Fighting Coronavirus
- Brooks Brothers To Make 150,000 Masks A Day To Fight Coronavirus Crisis
- Chicago Mayor, Lori Lightfoot Urges Citizens To Stay Home and Save Lives in Viral Video [WATCH]
- Report: ESPN To Move Up Date Of Upcoming Michael Jordan Documentary To April 19
- Carmelo Anthony Shares The Story Of How LeBron James Saved His Life