Will Smith these days is the king of Instagram. The rapper and actor daily drops gems to fans, tells stories and inspires us. He posted a picture of his grandmother, Gigi and spoke about how she impacted his career.
He mentioned that when he was young he would write rhymes with cursing in a book. Smith said, “She found my rap book and she never said anything to me but she wrote in the back of it ‘Dear Willard, truly intelligent people do not have to use words like this to express themselves. Please show the world that you’re as smart as we think you are. Love Gigi.'”
Those words she wrote made him realize he was creating things that would have an affect on others. He said, “That was probably the single most impactful event that shaped how I led and how I still lead my career.” We all need a Gigi in our life.
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Pledges To Eliminate Student Loan Debt For Morehouse’s Class Of 2019
- Melvin Edmonds Of ‘After 7’ Has Passed Away
- New Book Highlights The Legacy Of Black Cyclist Marshall Taylor
- Actress Regina Hall Receives Honorary Degree From Dillard University
- GoFundMe Supporters Raise $8K So Single Mom Can Go To NASA Internship
- Billboard No.1 Artists Bryan Popin Releases New Single “All Back” On All Digital Outlets [VIDEO]
- HBCU World Series Aims To Diversify College Baseball
- LeBron James Aims To Combat Hunger In Underserved Communities
- #BlackGirlMagic: Arkansas Teens Make History By Becoming Valedictorian, Salutatorian
- Kirk Franklin Debuts Music Video For New Song, “OK”