Will Smith these days is the king of Instagram. The rapper and actor daily drops gems to fans, tells stories and inspires us. He posted a picture of his grandmother, Gigi and spoke about how she impacted his career.
He mentioned that when he was young he would write rhymes with cursing in a book. Smith said, “She found my rap book and she never said anything to me but she wrote in the back of it ‘Dear Willard, truly intelligent people do not have to use words like this to express themselves. Please show the world that you’re as smart as we think you are. Love Gigi.'”
Those words she wrote made him realize he was creating things that would have an affect on others. He said, “That was probably the single most impactful event that shaped how I led and how I still lead my career.” We all need a Gigi in our life.
- Why Women Are Having Diamonds Implanted In Their Fingers
- Ericaism: Do You Take Time To Create? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Love Talking: Love Yourself Enough To Want The Best [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Thanks Over Complaints [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Travis Greene Speaks On The Impact Of His Hit Song “You’ve Waited” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- New App Designed To Combat Racism In South Africa
- Get Up Poll: Callers Are Tired Of Older People Using Filters On Social Media [EXCLUSIVE]
- Get Up Poll: Callers Talk About Their Favorite Apps [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lord Help My Male Friends To Find Shirts For Their Profile Picture [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ericaism: Trust The Process [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]