Will Smith these days is the king of Instagram. The rapper and actor daily drops gems to fans, tells stories and inspires us. He posted a picture of his grandmother, Gigi and spoke about how she impacted his career.
He mentioned that when he was young he would write rhymes with cursing in a book. Smith said, “She found my rap book and she never said anything to me but she wrote in the back of it ‘Dear Willard, truly intelligent people do not have to use words like this to express themselves. Please show the world that you’re as smart as we think you are. Love Gigi.'”
Those words she wrote made him realize he was creating things that would have an affect on others. He said, “That was probably the single most impactful event that shaped how I led and how I still lead my career.” We all need a Gigi in our life.
- Racist University Of Texas Song Shrugged Off By Alumni And Donors, Emails Show
- Winston Duke Will Portray Civil Rights Activist Marcus Garvey In Amazon Biopic, ‘Marked Man’
- Gabrielle Union Used To ‘Hate’ Her Natural Hair
- Georgia Teacher Faces Backlash For Telling Students Breonna Taylor Was Responsible For Her Own Death
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: The Dr. Maya Angelou Story (And Still You Can Rise!)
- Kirk Franklin Dishes On His New “Good Words” Podcast [EXCLUSIVE]
- Temple Alum Breaks World Record For Creating The Largest Drawing Made By One Individual
- Mama Tina Slays In Her Ivy Park
- Ayesha Curry Says Switching To A Dairy-Free Lifestyle Helped Improve Her Skin, Acne And Overall Gut Health!
- Ben Jealous Compares Stacey Abrams’ Political Genius To A Game Of Spades: ‘Sacrifice In Order To Win’