Following the FBI’s recent findings, Attorney General Loretta Lynch has officially said that her office will not charge Hillary Clinton for using a personal email server during her tenure as secretary of state of the United States, CNN reported.
“Late this afternoon, I met with FBI Director James Comey and career prosecutors and agents who conducted the investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s use of a personal email system during her time as secretary of state,” Lynch said in a statement.
She added, “I received and accepted their unanimous recommendation that the thorough, year-long investigation be closed and that no charges be brought against any individuals within the scope of the investigation.”
Lynch’s decision comes one day after Director Comey had harsh words for Clinton’s “carelessness,” but in the end stressed that she shouldn’t be charged for unintentionally sending classified information from her personal email server.
Meanwhile, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus called Lynch’s decision “a slap in the face.”
“Those who have mishandled classified information have had their security clearances revoked, lost their jobs, faced fines, and even been sent to prison, yet Hillary Clinton is being allowed to play by a different set of rules,” Priebus said in a statement.
“By so blatantly putting its political interests ahead of the rule of law, the Obama Administration is only further eroding the public’s faith in a government they no longer believe is on their side,” he continued.
While Clinton and her campaign are probably glad that Emailgate is over on a federal level, it may not be over politically as the nation gets closer to November’s general election. It’s widely believed that Donald Trump and the GOP will continue to use the FBI’s findings to play on the nation’s existing belief that Clinton is “untrustworthy” and that the system is rigged.”
It’s going to be a long election cycle folks. We hope you’re ready.
Hillary Clinton & Her Famous Friends
1. Hillary Clinton With Kerry WashingtonSource:Instagram 1 of 21
2. Hillary Clinton With Britney SpearsSource:Instagram 2 of 21
3. Hillary Clinton With Lupita Nyong'oSource:Lisa Lake/Getty Images for Massachusetts Conference for Women 3 of 21
4. Hillary Clinton With Katy PerrySource:Instagram 4 of 21
5. Hillary Clinton With Kim Kardashian And Kanye WestSource:Instagram 5 of 21
6. Hillary Clinton With Lady GagaSource:Instagram 6 of 21
7. Hillary Clinton With Kareem Abdul JabbarSource:Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images 7 of 21
8. Hillary Clinton With "Broad City" Cast Ilana Glazer, Abbi Jacobson and Amy PoehlerSource:Instagram 8 of 21
9. Hillary Clinton With Lenny KravitzSource:Christopher Polk/Getty Images for International Medical Corps 9 of 21
10. Hillary Clinton With The Royal FamilySource:Samir Hussein/WireImage/Getty 10 of 21
11. Hillary Clinton With Anna Wintour And Michael KorsSource:Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Michael Kors 11 of 21
12. Hillary Clinton With Robert DeNiroSource:Eugene Gologursky/Getty Images for East Harlem School 12 of 21
13. Hillary Clinton With Bette MidlerSource:Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Michael Kors 13 of 21
14. Hillary Clinton With Elton JohnSource:Jamie McCarthy/WireImage/Getty 14 of 21
15. Hillary Clinton With Harrison FordSource:JP Yim/Getty Images 15 of 21
16. Hillary Clinton With Meryl StreepSource:Ron Sachs - Pool/Getty Images 16 of 21
17. Hillary Clinton With Paul McCartneySource:Ron Sachs-Pool/Getty Images 17 of 21
18. Hillary Clinton With Oscar de la Renta and Antonio BanderasSource:Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images 18 of 21
19. Hillary Clinton With Chris ColferSource:Steve Granitz/WireImage/Getty 19 of 21
20. Hillary Clinton With Bill ClintonSource:Instagram 20 of 21
21. Hillary Clinton With Demi LovatoSource:Instagram 21 of 21