If you’re a church-going citizen, you know every Sunday that collection plate gets passed around to give your offerings to God.
You also probably know that some of the good Christian folks might get a little skimpy with the donations, using every excuse in the book.
Well one religious institution is getting their money one way or another by making it easier for folks to donate if they don’t have cash.
According to The Guardian, The Church of England introduced contactless card terminals at 16,000 churches, cathedrals, and religious sites in the U.K.
The terminals are powered by the technology companies SumUp and iZettle. They can be used to take contactless bank cards, chip and pin, Apple Pay and Google Pay. A “merchant,” who will most likely be a church volunteer, will input transactions probably at the start or end of a service, or event.
“How we pay for things is changing fast,” said the Church of England’s national stewardship officer John Preston. “Especially for younger churchgoers who no longer carry cash, and we want all generations to be able to make the most of their place of worship.”
So there you have it.
If you’re not living in England or apart of the Church of England, you might can stick to cash for a little while longer. But you read what John had to say — things are changing fast.
Your church could be next.
- Introducing Anisa Fowler’s Hit ‘Jesus All The Way’ | Get Up Exclusive
- The Tuskegee Airmen National Museum Teaches Young Black Teens How To Fly
- Alabama School District Promises ‘Disciplinary Action’ For Students’ Racist Snapchat Messages
- 7 Perfect Fall Fragrances
- Always Give God The Glory | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Erica Campbell Talks New Album “I Love You” With Cheryl Jackson At DC Album Release Party
- The Vision Will Not Lie…Wait For It! | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Faith Walking: With Guest Dr. Kym Lee
- Irvo Otieno’s Family Agrees To $8.5 Million Settlement In Black Man’s Untimely Death
- Here’s Why Some Films Are Allowed To Promote During The Writer’s Strike
Don’t Have Cash For The Offering Basket? These Churches Have Apple Pay… was originally published on globalgrind.com
5 Bible Verses To Help You Let Go And Let God
“I Was More Interested In Him Than I’d Ever Been With Anyone”: If You Ever Wondered What Eve Saw In Her Husband, It’s This [VIDEO]
BET+ Adds Erica Campbell, Michelle Williams & More To Season 2 Of ‘Kingdom Business’
What The Spiritual And Biblical Meaning Of 11 Is
Join "Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell" Morning Show Mobile Text Club!
Rest in Peace: Irish Grinstead of 90’s Group 702 Passes Away at Age 43
Kirk Franklin Shares How He Finds His Biological Father in His Documentary “Father’s Day”
Erica Campbell Talks New Album “I Love You” With Cheryl Jackson At DC Album Release Party