The popular Facebook-owned photo-sharing social media platform is looking to find a new way to either innovate content creators or annoy its users by introducing hour-long videos. As of now, this is still just pure talk, but according to the WSJ it is being seriously considered. Instagram is planning on ditching its one-minute long videos for the hour-long posts. The company aims to bring exclusive long-form video content to the app and has engaged with producers and creators to make it happen.
Per the WSJ:
“The Facebook Inc.-owned photo and video sharing app is preparing to launch a new feature that will include long-form video, according to people familiar with the matter. The feature, which could allow videos of up to an hour in length, will focus on vertical video, or video that is taller than it is wide, one of the people said. Until now, Instagram hasn’t allowed users to post any videos longer than one minute.
The people said the plans are tentative and subject to change.
In recent weeks, Instagram has had conversations with content creators and publishers about producing long-form video for the platform, a person familiar with the matter said. The feature, if it launches, will do so within the Instagram app, another person said.”
With SnapChat still trying to find itself, Instagram has been enjoying some success since it introduced it’s Snap clone Insta-stories. The talk of hour-long videos clearly shows Instagram is looking to take on YouTube now. In all honesty, though we really just want chronological timelines again. Do you think this is a good idea for Instagram? Let us know how you feel about the potential move. The thought of hour-long video selfies to a Drake record has us shook already.
- Racist University Of Texas Song Shrugged Off By Alumni And Donors, Emails Show
- Winston Duke Will Portray Civil Rights Activist Marcus Garvey In Amazon Biopic, ‘Marked Man’
- Gabrielle Union Used To ‘Hate’ Her Natural Hair
- Georgia Teacher Faces Backlash For Telling Students Breonna Taylor Was Responsible For Her Own Death
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: The Dr. Maya Angelou Story (And Still You Can Rise!)
- Kirk Franklin Dishes On His New “Good Words” Podcast [EXCLUSIVE]
- Temple Alum Breaks World Record For Creating The Largest Drawing Made By One Individual
- Mama Tina Slays In Her Ivy Park
- Ayesha Curry Says Switching To A Dairy-Free Lifestyle Helped Improve Her Skin, Acne And Overall Gut Health!
- Ben Jealous Compares Stacey Abrams’ Political Genius To A Game Of Spades: ‘Sacrifice In Order To Win’
Instagram To Take On YouTube By Allowing Users To Post Hour-Long Video, Reportedly was originally published on hiphopwired.com