A couple months ago, rap mogul Diddy revealed he was interested in being the first Black majority owner of an NFL team by buying up the Carolina Panthers. His announcement came amid controversy over former 49er quarterback Colin Kaepernick being allegedly blackballed after kneeling during the national anthem during games.
The NFL went on to unanimously vote to require players to stand during the national anthem in May, a move many Black Americans saw as an affront to our first amendment rights. The policy may have been the final death knell in Diddy’s bid to buy a team.
“I really wanted to go in there and be a part of the NFL, and try and be a positive change. This last move … I don’t even want to own an NFL team no more.” He explained to Big Boy TV.
“I don’t want to be associated with oppressing black men. I don’t want to be associated with telling grown ass men what they can and can’t do.”
Adding, “To all my brother that are out there, I got y’all back,” he continued. “My feelings are hurt. Because I’m such an NFL fan, and I hope they do what they have to do to fix it, and I hope they re-engage my dream to want to do that.”
You can watch the full interview below:
- Ericaism: Who’s In Your Corner? [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier Gives Us A Full Body Summer Workout [VIDEO]
- Pastor Held Armed Robber At Gunpoint Inside Church [VIDEO]
- Kamala Harris Proposes Investing $1B To End Nationwide Rape Kit Backlog
- Mother Of Nipsey’s Daughter Says Family Has Stopped Taking Care Of Her Since His Passing
- Serena Williams Vows To Never Stop Fighting For Equality No Matter What Her Critics Say
- Melyssa Ford Says She Contemplated Suicide After Car Accident
- Founder Of Louisiana African-American Museum Found Dead In Trunk Of Car
- Boxing Legend Pernell “Sweet Pea” Whitaker Killed By Motorist In Virginia Beach
- #BlackExcellence: Black Atlanta Teens Continue Championship Reign At Harvard’s Debate Tournament
Diddy Lets His NFL Team Ownership Dream Die [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com