Joe Jackson, the patriarch of the Jackson family, died at 3:30 AM Wednesday morning in L.A. He was 89. Jackson, who architected the careers of The Jackson 5, Michael and Janet Jackson, was hospitalized in June with terminal cancer.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Jackson’s health has been on a steady decline. He was hospitalized in 2016 for fever, but reportedly “bounced back” and was seen partying shortly after. Jackson suffered a stroke and three heart attacks in 2015, resulting in doctors implanting a pacemaker.
Janet recently thanked her father while accepting the 2018 Impact Awards. “My father, my incredible father drove me to be the best I can,” she said. “My siblings set an incredibly high standard, a high bar for artistic excellence.”
On June 24th, Jackson’s Twitter account posted an ominous tweet leading fans to believe his days were numbered.
Jackson’s death comes two days after the nine year death anniversary of Michael Jackson. May he rest in peace.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade To Make Abortion Unconstitutional
- Uvalde Mayor Confirms Demolition Of Robb Elementary: “You Can Never Ask A Child To Go Back”
- Clarence Thomas Writes Majority Opinion In ‘Dangerous’ SCOTUS Ruling Relaxing NY Gun Laws
- Insurance Agency In Maine Criticized For Racist Juneteenth Sign: “Enjoy Your Fried Chicken & Collard Greens”
- Jussie Smollett Maintains Innocence In Viral Race Hoax
- Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard Kelly Are Featured on Disney’s “Harmonious”
- Video Shows ‘Black Police Graduate’ Accusing Cops Of Racial Profiling During Traffic Stop
- These 5 States Have The Lowest Life Expectancy For Black People
- Learn How To Break Into The Music Business At Radio One Presents The Music Meeting On June 30th!
- Mississippi’s Top Court Upholds Life Sentence For Weed Conviction By ‘Habitual Offender’