The end of an era has finally come. That’s the best way to sum up the reality that Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Studios is officially a distant memory. After 30 years of monumental moments and the foundation for The Oprah Winfrey Show, the iconic building is no more.
If you recall back in December of 2014, Winfrey announced that she had decided to enter into negotiations to officially sell Harpo Studios. The following March, in 2015, the building permanently closed down for business. Now over a year later, the building that housed so many memories for fans and staff began its demolition process yesterday.
Essence magazine offered up a few more details about the demolition process, stating:
According to the ‘Chicago Tribune’, the lease for the famed building that housed the taping of ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ since 1990 ended in April of this year. Oprah shared candid photos of the footage in a nod of the building’s final farewell yesterday as its demolition went into full swing.
To many, Harpo Studios holds a host of memories, but with all of her entrepreneurial efforts and constant new programming from the OWN network, it’s safe to say that Oprah Winfrey will have another legendary building in no time. We will miss Harpo Studios and look forward to all of the amazing things that Oprah does next!
Oprah! Here Are 20 of Our Favorite "O" Moments
1. A look back at some of the most memorable interviews from the queen of media, Oprah Winfrey.1 of 20
2. Oprah conducted the show's first interview with a sitting president and 1st lady2 of 20
3. In 2009, Whitney Houston talked with Oprah about her struggles with drugs.3 of 20
4. In Jay-Z's 2009 appearance on the show, they debated the use of the n-word.4 of 20
5. In the most watched interview in TV history, in 1993, with Michael Jackson.5 of 20
6. Dave Chappelle talked about why he walked away from 50M.6 of 20
7. Magic Johnson was a guest on Oprah 15 years after being diagnosed with HIV.7 of 20
8. Will Smith graced The Oprah Winfrey Show 15 times before her final season.8 of 20
9. "Mentor-mother-sister-friend," Maya Angelou came on the show.9 of 20
10. Oprah considers Nelson Mandela's visit to be a great honor.10 of 20
11. Tiger Woods coined the term 'Cablinasian' to describe his mixed heritage.11 of 20
12. Terry McMillan and her ex Jonathan Plummer discussed the end of their marriage.12 of 20
13. Tina Turner came of the show numerous times. Another of Oprah's favs.13 of 20
14. In 1996 Oprah spoke with the Little Rock Nine about Central High in Arkansas.14 of 20
15. Halle Berry was a guest on Oprah over 20 times.15 of 20
16. Denzel Washington is one of Oprah's favorite guests.16 of 20
17. Tyler Perry revealed the abuse and molestation he suffered as a child.17 of 20
18. Patti LaBelle was on the Oprah show over 20 times since her first visit in 1991.18 of 20
19. Mike Tyson was a guest on the show and talked about the death of his daughter.19 of 20
20. Michael Jordan talked to Oprah about finally retiring from NBA.20 of 20
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
Oprah Winfrey Says Final Goodbye To Harpo Studios With Demolition was originally published on hellobeautiful.com