LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Netflix’s ‘Selena: The Series’ Reveals A Special Moment Between Selena & Beyoncé
- Vanessa Bryant’s Mambacita Clothing Line Honoring Gigi Bryant Sells Out In A Day
- White Atlanta Cop That Killed Rayshard Brooks Reinstated
- Jaleel White Recalls Classic ‘Family Matters’ Episode That Left Him Broken
- NJ Cop Fired Over Facebook Post Calling Black Lives Matter Demonstrators ‘Terrorists’
- Will Smith’s New Quarantine Bod Inspires Six-Part YouTube Originals Unscripted Fitness Series
- Derek Chauvin Juror Defends Attending March On Washington After Conservatives Argue Grounds For An Appeal
- Rev. Al Sharpton Weighs In On The Status Of A Black-Owned Casino In Richmond
- Yamiche Alcindor Named Host of ‘Washington Week’ on PBS
- Family Intensifies Search For Missing Buffalo State Honor Student Saniyya Dennis