LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Anita Wilson Brings Her New Song “Still live to The Get Up Church
- Can We Hold Something?: LeBron James Is Now The First Active Athlete To Earn $1 Billion
- Jay-Z & Beyoncé’s New Orleans Home Set On Fire According To Authorities
- Yasiin Bey Will Not Portray Jazz Great Thelonious Monk In Biopic Despite Reports
- Batgirl Is Biracial! Afro-Latina Actress Leslie Grace Set To Star as Titular Hero For HBO Max Film
- Late Gospel Radio Host Eddie Taylor May Soon Be Honored With Renaming Of Ballfields In Lipscomb Park
- Jennifer Hudson Says Aretha Franklin Valued Family, Independence & ‘Respect’ In New Biopic Cast Reel
- Sha’Carri Richardson Stars In Beats Studio Buds Spot, Kanye West’s New Track “No Child Left Behind” Featured
- Smart or Survival? Black Americans Are Now Buying Life Insurance More Than Any Racial Group
- Have You Heard Charles Jenkins’ New Album ‘PRAISE PARTY, Vol. 1’ Yet?