LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile Is Taking Her Talents To Fox News
- Kanye’s Sunday Service: DMX Gives Us A Much Need Prayer & North West Steals The Show [VIDEO]
- Soledad O’Brien Mourns The Loss Of Her Mother Just 40 Days After Father’s Death
- How To Properly Cuddle Your Partner
- Louisiana Accidentally Gave Back $26 Million In Tax Refunds
- Alicia Keys Will Release Her Memoir ‘More Myself’ In November
- Duke Divinity School Student-Pastor Shot In Costco Parking Lot
- Joel Osteen Goes Behind The Camera To Executive Produce “Jesus: His Life” Series [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Plank Abs [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Police Seek To Charge Mother In Death Of Little Black Girl Found In Duffel Bag