LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Kirk Franklin & Chandler Moore Are All About The ‘Kingdom’ [Listen]
- Bishop Hezekiah Walker and Pastor Mike McBride Brings All-Star Lineup To ‘Stand With Buffalo’
- Kevin LeVar Introduces New Single ‘The Only Thing That Matters’
- Children’s Book Celebrates Greenwood District’s Black Entrepreneurial Trailblazers
- Tabitha Brown’s YouTube Preschool Series ‘Tab Time’ Gets Second Season Pickup
- Celebrate Juneteenth With The CW’s Upcoming Specials Starring Taye Diggs, Ne-Yo & More
- 'Mad' Buffalo 911 Dispatcher Expected To Be Fired
- Florida Students Spell Out N-Word, Anti-CRT Republicans Silent
- How To Help Victims And Survivors In Buffalo
- Teyana Taylor Wins ‘The Masked Singer’