LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Ellen Surprises Amazing Black DC Teacher Who Pampers His Students [VIDEO]
- Griff’s Prayer For Grocery Shopping [VIDEO]
- Remembering An Icon: 5 Things You Didn’t know About Ja’net Dubois
- What to Do If You Are Turned Away At the Polls
- Ja’net Dubois, Wilona From ‘Good Times’ Dead At 74
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Love Of Hair [VIDEO]
- Wakanda 4Eva: 5 Facts About ‘Black Panther’ You Probably Didn’t Know
- Girl Power: Meet The Women Who Are Pushing For Criminal Justice Reform in America
- Demetrius West and Jesus Promoters Answer In The Affirmative With New Radio Single
- Behind The Scenes: Kyla Pratt Returns To T.V. With New Comedy Show