LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Uber Launches “No Mask, No Ride” Campaign Due To Rising COVID-19 Numbers
- Rickey Smiley’s Daughter Shot Multiple Times In Houston [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Phaedra Parks Explains Why She’s Celibate With Her Current Boyfriend Medina
- Frederick Douglass Statue Ripped Down In Rochester, New York Park
- Remains Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Positively Identified
- Broadway Star Nick Cordeo Loses Battle With COVID-19 At Age 41
- Washington Football Team Announces “Thorough Review” Of The Team’s Name
- HU! Five-Star High School Basketball Recruit Makur Maker Commits To Howard University
- A Night of Inspiration: Pre-Show [VIDEO]
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection Seize $800,000 Shipment Of Human Hair Weaves