LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Mr. Griffin: The Spirit & The Flesh Have Funk [VIDEO]
- RHOA’s Kenya Moore, Husband Marc Daly File For Divorce After Two Years Of Marriage
- Which Reality TV Show Does Your State Watch Most?
- Adwoa Aboah Gets Real About Her Acne Struggles
- Happy Birthday! Rhea Walls Of The Walls Group Turns 24! [PHOTOS]
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ Producer Hired To Lead Fatih-Based Studio’s TV Division
- Whoopi Goldberg Debuts A Head Full Of White Locs And She Looks Good!
- Here’s Why Tamar Braxton’s Wore Spanx To The ‘Wendy Williams Show’
- Will Smith To Help Raise $50 Million To Combat Global Homelessness
- Colin Kaepernick Reportedly Willing To Be Backup Player, Yet NFL Team Still Won’t Sign Him