LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Christmas Gifts [VIDEO]
- Listen: Michele Sweeting Releases Bilingual Rendition of “Oh Holy Night”
- Rosa Parks: Remembering Her Resilience, Resistance In The Face Of Racism
- Congrats! Gabby Sidibe Is Engaged!
- DC Homicide Detective Killed By Wife In Murder-Suicide
- Cecilia Rouse Will Be The First Black Person To Chair The Council of Economic Advisers
- Symone Sanders And Karine Jean-Pierre Land Key Roles As Biden’s Communications Team Is Revealed
- Oregon Community Rallies Around Black Teen Fatally Shot In Loud Music Dispute
- A No-Knock Raid Was Executed On A Black Family By Same Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor
- Watch: Todd Galberth Releases Music Video For “Better Than Good”