LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Pastor Who Prayed For Obama In 2008 Election Lays Hands On Kamala Harris
- Vashawn Mitchell Readies To Tour
- Kirk Franklin’s Daughter Expecting Baby Boy! [PHOTOS]
- MUST-SEE: Tremaine Hawkins Blesses Mic With Unfair High Notes At Donnie McClurkin’s 60th Birthday Celebration [VIDEO]
- D.C. Man Arrested For Marijuana And Found Dead In His Cell Less Than 7 Hours Later
- Love Talking: Who Plans The Dates? [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Don’t Favor The Rich [VIDEO]
- GRAMMYS 2020: Full List Of Gospel Nominees
- Donnie Mcclurkin Talks About Loving His Parents Even Through Abuse [Exclusive Video]
- Chanel Iman & Sterling Shepard’s Family H&M Ads Are A Holiday Mood!