LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Love Talking: JJ Hairston Debuts “Excess Love Remix” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Tyler Perry Opens Up About Sharing The Word Of God On Social Media [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Family Who Named Their Newborn Twins, Covid & Corona [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Having Childlike Faith [VIDEO]
- Congrats! Jeezy & Jeannie Mai Get Engaged
- A Time of Refreshing: VaShawn Mitchell & Friends Mini Concert [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO PREMIERE]
- Porsha Invites Women To Break The Stigma Of Having A Miscarriage
- Detroit Bus Driver Who Complained About A Passenger Coughing Has Died Of COVID-19
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Barbershops [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Search My Heart [VIDEO]