LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Study: Alcohol, Drug-Related Deaths Up Across Maryland Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Trick-Or-Treating Among Activities To Avoid This Halloween According To The CDC
- NFL Legend Gale Sayers Dead At 77
- One Officer Indicted In Connection With Breonna Taylor’s Murder
- Black Votes Matter: What Eliminating The Electoral College Would Mean For African Americans
- HEALTHY EVER AFTER: Healthy Comfort Foods
- Mr. Griffin: ‘Greater Is HE That Is Me’ [VIDEO]
- Alicia Keys Launches Beauty And Wellness Brand Keys Soulcare
- Yvonne Orji’s New Haircut Is An Ode To Black Lives Matter…And We Love It!
- CeCe Winans Gets Emotional During Powerful Interview with Erica Campbell and GRIFF [VIDEO]