Macy Gray came by the Majic 102.1 studios yesterday and sat down with Sky Houston. One of the major subjects the two discussed? The power of Aretha Franklin. A day before the Queen of Soul’s passing, Gray remarked on Franklin, “She’s the greatest. I think she knows the greatest. Nobody can really do what she can do. Maybe Whitney Houston but technically, I don’t think anyone can do what she does. She’s like the way you’re supposed to sing.”
Gray added, “She never missed a note. She could sing low, high and full-voice.”
Franklin passed away after complications from pancreatic cancer on Thursday morning. She was 76.
- Report: Did John Singleton Have a Stroke?
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Invention That Protects Your Nose During Allergy Season [VIDEO]
- Professor Charged With Arson After Bringing Gasoline And Lighter Fluid Into St. Patrick’s Cathedral [VIDEO]
- 10-Year-Old Dancer Born With Rare Disease Goes Viral For Doing Flips With Her Prosthetic Leg [VIDEO]
- Is Social Media Stalking Detrimental To Our Mental Health?
- TSA Agents Reveal Their Body Scanners Might Be Discriminatory Against Black Women
- For People Asking What Ciara’s Prayer Was To Receive A Rare, Christ-Loving, Black, NFL Star, She Answered
- There’s A 24-Hour Black News Channel Coming Our Way This Fall
- Court Dismisses Charge Against Parolee Wounded In Nipsey Hussle Shooting
- “Hey Queen!”: Michelle Obama Praises Beyoncé On The Impact Of “Homecoming” [VIDEO]
Macy Gray On Aretha Franklin: “I Think She Knew She Was The Greatest” [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com