Robert Townsend is an actor, comedian, director and writer. He’s worked with some of the biggest stars such as Morgan Freeman, Halle Berry and many more. He spoke with “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about why he decided to make the documentary about the journey behind the movie.
Townsend spoke about how he interviewed nearly 10,000 people to find the correct cast. He also talked about the church scene where Eddie Kane Jr. was singing “I Feel Like Going On.” Some wanted him to change how it was, but Townsend had a thought of how he wanted it to be. Erica Campbell even spoke about how she tried to be in that scene and showed up to sing at the church. The documentary will be out today in select theaters and I’m sure everyone would love to go see it as well as support Townsend.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- ‘Sunday Best’ Contestants Joshua Copeland & Melvin Crispell III Share Their Greatest Moments
- Dave Chappelle Is Hosting A Free Block Party In Dayton, Ohio Following The City’s Mass Shooting
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas Unveiled Their Aaliyah Wax Figure [PHOTO]
- People Weren’t Too Pleased That Rihanna Will Honor Shaun King At Her Annual Diamond Ball
- “I’ve Done It Twice” Angela Bassett Reveals She’s Had Botox
- Warryn Campbell On Having Kanye West Visit His Church
- Walmart Accused Of Racism For Locking Black Haircare Products Behind Glass
- Erica Campbell To Perform, Debut New Single ‘Praying And Believing’ On ‘Sunday Best’ Finale
- FAMU Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Sisters Give Back To Alma Mater Through Lipstick Collaboration
- Russell Westbrook Launches Green Tech Program To Teach Youngins’ Digital Work Skills