Robert Townsend is an actor, comedian, director and writer. He’s worked with some of the biggest stars such as Morgan Freeman, Halle Berry and many more. He spoke with “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about why he decided to make the documentary about the journey behind the movie.
Townsend spoke about how he interviewed nearly 10,000 people to find the correct cast. He also talked about the church scene where Eddie Kane Jr. was singing “I Feel Like Going On.” Some wanted him to change how it was, but Townsend had a thought of how he wanted it to be. Erica Campbell even spoke about how she tried to be in that scene and showed up to sing at the church. The documentary will be out today in select theaters and I’m sure everyone would love to go see it as well as support Townsend.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Ericaism: God Loves Me As Me [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Usain Bolt Opens Up Restaurant, Actress And Model Kim Porter Dead At 47 & More
- How Race & No Sex Before Marriage Is Teaching Chad Johnson & Michelle Williams As Well As Others Valuable Lessons [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Pastor Victor Couzens Wanted For Aggravated Harassment
- Queen Latifah, Missy Elliott And Mary J. Blige To Produce Biopic Film On The Clark Sisters
- Deitrick Haddon Criticized For R&B Christmas Song [VIDEO]
- Watch: Todd Dulaney Explains How He Regained His Wife’s Trust [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Diddy’s Ex, Kim Porter Dead At 47
- Mr. Griffin: Breaking Free From Situations You Can’t Change [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: LeBron James Earns A New Title, Harlem Powerball Winner To Give Back To Veterans & More