Robert Townsend is an actor, comedian, director and writer. He’s worked with some of the biggest stars such as Morgan Freeman, Halle Berry and many more. He spoke with “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about why he decided to make the documentary about the journey behind the movie.
Townsend spoke about how he interviewed nearly 10,000 people to find the correct cast. He also talked about the church scene where Eddie Kane Jr. was singing “I Feel Like Going On.” Some wanted him to change how it was, but Townsend had a thought of how he wanted it to be. Erica Campbell even spoke about how she tried to be in that scene and showed up to sing at the church. The documentary will be out today in select theaters and I’m sure everyone would love to go see it as well as support Townsend.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Lee Elder, First Black Golfer To Play In Masters, Dead At 87
- Pastor Mark Couch Talks About His New Book “Refuse To Quit” | Get Up! Exclusive [Listen]
- Museum Of African American History Digitizes Exhibits
- Collective Of Black Entrepreneurs Gift Atlanta Youth Basketball Team With Bus
- Virgil Abloh, Off-White Fashion Designer, Dead At 41
- Janet Rollé To Become The First Black Woman To Lead The American Ballet Theatre
- D.C. To Buffalo: John Young Is Credited As The Creator Of Buffalo Wings, Reportedly Inspired By D.C.’s Mambo Sauce
- NBA Star Trae Young’s Foundation Assists In Feeding Underserved Families During Thanksgiving Weekend
- Bronx-Bred Designer Mugzy McFly Cultivates Community Through Fashion
- Ahmaud Arbery Murder Trial Prosecutors Say ‘Trust The System,’ But It’s Part Of The Problem