Robert Townsend is an actor, comedian, director and writer. He’s worked with some of the biggest stars such as Morgan Freeman, Halle Berry and many more. He spoke with “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about why he decided to make the documentary about the journey behind the movie.
Townsend spoke about how he interviewed nearly 10,000 people to find the correct cast. He also talked about the church scene where Eddie Kane Jr. was singing “I Feel Like Going On.” Some wanted him to change how it was, but Townsend had a thought of how he wanted it to be. Erica Campbell even spoke about how she tried to be in that scene and showed up to sing at the church. The documentary will be out today in select theaters and I’m sure everyone would love to go see it as well as support Townsend.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Black History Could Be Made At The Oscars, Michael Jackson’s Estate Suing HBO & More
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- Smokie Norful, Shirley Caesar & More Tapped To Perform At Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage
- William McDowell Inks Deal With Integrity Music Label
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- School Principal Apologizes After Students Were Told To Act Like Runaway Slaves For Black History Month
- Church Administrator, Wife Charged After Stealing $1.2 Million From Congregation To Go On Vacation
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
- What We Know About The Death And Alleged Murder Of Tamla Horsford
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More