Pastor John Gray received a lot of backlash from people after meeting with Donald Trump. He mentioned in the beginning of the meeting each pastor introduced themselves and he was asked to pray, but had no idea that was going to happen beforehand. Gray doesn’t endorse nor accept the many things Trump has done like separate immigrant families and also spoke about the injustice for Black men.
He went into that meeting as a pastor not a politician. What many need to understand is that they expected him to go in yell and carry on, but that’s not how to go about business. Gray didn’t like the fact that what they were supposed to meet for didn’t happen and made it seem a different way in the news as well as social media. He also spoke about people in church not extending grace and mercy to him after the meeting and not hearing him out on what really happened.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Ericaism: Who’s In Your Corner? [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier Gives Us A Full Body Summer Workout [VIDEO]
- Pastor Held Armed Robber At Gunpoint Inside Church [VIDEO]
- Kamala Harris Proposes Investing $1B To End Nationwide Rape Kit Backlog
- Mother Of Nipsey’s Daughter Says Family Has Stopped Taking Care Of Her Since His Passing
- Serena Williams Vows To Never Stop Fighting For Equality No Matter What Her Critics Say
- Melyssa Ford Says She Contemplated Suicide After Car Accident
- Founder Of Louisiana African-American Museum Found Dead In Trunk Of Car
- Boxing Legend Pernell “Sweet Pea” Whitaker Killed By Motorist In Virginia Beach
- #BlackExcellence: Black Atlanta Teens Continue Championship Reign At Harvard’s Debate Tournament