Aretha Franklin’s funeral on Friday, August 31st will be a day of special performances dedicated to the Queen of Soul. Rev. Jasper Williams Jr. spoke to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about giving the eulogy for Franklin and how honored he is. Williams and Franklin’s family grew up in the same neighborhood and they were friends for many years.
One thing many people didn’t know was that Franklin would call churches and pastors as well as help their ministries. Williams said, “No one knew she was a giving spirit.” People continue to ask Williams how he will eulogize Franklin and right now he doesn’t have any answers. He’s asking everyone just to pray for him as he prepares to deliver the message and let us in on a secret that Dottie Peoples will sing at the funeral.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Watch: Todd Galberth Releases Music Video For “Better Than Good”
- Burt’s Bees Issues An Apology After Offensive Holiday Ad Features A Fatherless Black Family
- Sneak Peek: Chloe x Halle In Upcoming ‘Disney Holiday Singalong’
- GRAMMYs 2021: Full List Of Gospel Nominees
- David Dinkins, First Black Mayor Of New York City, Dies At 93
- 21-Year-Old Breonna Taylor Protest Leader Hazma ‘Travis’ Nagdy Killed In Fatal Shooting
- ‘Blessed’: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Would Be Just Second Black Woman Ambassador To United Nations
- Marvel Studio’s Announces Production Date For ‘Black Panther’ Sequel
- China McClain: ‘I Am Doing God’s Work Now’ [VIDEO]
- Steve King’s Racist ‘Slave’ Attack On Kamala Harris Renews False Birther Conspiracy Theory