During the homegoing service for her friend Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight revealed some devastating news of her own. The 74-year-old legendary singer is currently battling pancreatic cancer, the same cancer that Franklin fought before she passed on August 16th.
Knight didn’t reveal how long she had been diagnosed with the cancer.
During a Monday interview with Us Weekly in which she shared her fondest memories of the Queen of Soul, Knight did not disclose her own illness, but discussed the finite nature of life.
“The Lord tells us where we are going and tells us when we are coming,” Knight said. “So I’m not overly upset about (Franklin’s death), and he knows how much each one of us can bear, and he calls us home with those things in mind. That’s the way I feel about it, because he loves us like that.”
The live stream for Franklin’s funeral is currently on-going. You can watch here.
- This Year’s Stellars Gospel Music Awards Is Going Virtual! Details Inside…
- Watch: Randy Weston of Judah Band Releases Music Video For “Up From Here”
- Mr. Griffin: The Comedy Community Mourns The Loss Of Tyler Craig [VIDEO]
- Next Up: A ‘Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Reboot Is On The Way
- Released! Teen Jailed For Not Doing Homework Is Freed And Taken Off Probation
- Joe Biden Announces Kamala Harris As His Pick For Vice President
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Praying About Decisions [VIDEO]
- Ben Vereen’s Son Benjamin Vereen Jr., Dead At 55
- ‘Sanford and Son’ & ‘Good Times’ Actor Dead At 91
- Oprah Has A Video Message About Breonna Taylor 150 Days After Her Death
UPDATE: Gladys Knight’s Publicist Denies That She Has Pancreatic Cancer was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com