During the homegoing service for her friend Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight revealed some devastating news of her own. The 74-year-old legendary singer is currently battling pancreatic cancer, the same cancer that Franklin fought before she passed on August 16th.
Knight didn’t reveal how long she had been diagnosed with the cancer.
During a Monday interview with Us Weekly in which she shared her fondest memories of the Queen of Soul, Knight did not disclose her own illness, but discussed the finite nature of life.
“The Lord tells us where we are going and tells us when we are coming,” Knight said. “So I’m not overly upset about (Franklin’s death), and he knows how much each one of us can bear, and he calls us home with those things in mind. That’s the way I feel about it, because he loves us like that.”
The live stream for Franklin’s funeral is currently on-going. You can watch here.
- Tennis Phenom Naomi Osaka To Launch Sports Agency
- Tika Sumpter Ties The Knot With Fiancé Nicholas James
- Series Inspired By Toni Morrison’s ‘Sula’ In Development
- Civil Rights Landmarks To Receive $16.2M In Grants
- Black College Students Graduating Face Promising Job Market
- Elderly Black Women Among Buffalo Shooting Victims
- Buffalo Suspect Pushed 'White Replacement' Conspiracy Theory: Report
- ‘White Supremacist’ Safely Arrested After Buffalo Supermarket Massacre
- Tammy Franklin Speaks On Going From ‘Chaos To Calm’ And Living A Decluttered Life With The Help Of ‘The Order Project’
- Brown v. Board of Education's Legacy Remains Unfulfilled
UPDATE: Gladys Knight’s Publicist Denies That She Has Pancreatic Cancer was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com