Legendary actress Cicely Tyson is finally getting an Oscar. The 93-year-old, who was nominated for an Academy Award only once before in 1973 for her performance in Sounder, has been announced as one of the recipients of this year’s Honorary Oscars.
Tyson has been working in film and television for over six decades, quickly breaking boundaries with performances in projects such as The River Niger, A Hero Ain’t Nothin’ But A Sandwich, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Help, the acclaimed miniseries Roots, and The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman.
Already having been awarded a Tony, multiple Emmys, and even a Presidential Medal of Freedom, this will be the actresses first Academy Award.
An honor well deserved.
Catch Maurette on the all new “Sound of Praise with Maurette Brown Clark” show weekdays 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and make sure you follow her on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @SOPmaurette!
Think you missed something? Click HERE to see more from “Sound of Praise!”
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text BMORE to 52140 to join our text club!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘sopmaurette’
- Black Families Get New Answers In Ancestry Thanks To Millions Of Updated Freedmen’s Bureau Records
- Kerry Washington Honors Michael K. Williams At 2021 Emmy Awards
- After Pfizer’s News Of Promising Vaccine Results, Concerns Linger About Vaccine Equity for Under 12 Year Olds
- Jeannie Mai & Jeezy Expecting Their First Child Together
- Comedian Anthony “AJ” Johnson, Best Known For ‘Friday’ & ‘I Got The Hook Up,’ Reportedly Passes Away
- Haiti Wants ‘Humanitarian Moratorium’ As US Begins Sending 14,000 Migrants In Texas Back To Decimated Nation
- Issa Rae Wore $3 Eye Shadow To The 2021 Emmys And We’ve Never Related To Her More
- Michaela Coel’s History-Making Emmys Speech Won The Night
- Mississippi Governor Deflects From Having 2nd Highest COVID-19 Death Rate In The World
- As Aurora PD’s Racism Is Confirmed, Elijah McClain’s Mom Fears They’ll ‘Mess Up Again’