As more details are released on the fatal shooting of 26-year-old Botham Shem Jean , it is clear there are massive discrepancies in what the shooter, Amber Guyger, claims what happened and the truth. Now witnesses are coming forward revealing heartbreaking details, including Jean’s final words.
During a press conference, Lee Merritt, one of the attorneys for the family, said two independent witnesses alleged they heard knocking on the door in the hallway before the shooting. One of the witnesses said right before the gunshots she heard a a woman’s voice saying, “Let me in, let me in.” This directly contradicts Guyger who at first claimed the door was locked then said the door was unlocked then claimed the door was ajar.
Most disturbingly, after the gunshots, one of the witnesses said she heard a man’s voice saying, “Oh my God, why did you do that?” Merritt believes that sentence was Jean’s final words.
Dallas News also reports that Jean’s family said there was no way he left the door opened or unlocked “saying Jean was a meticulous man who wouldn’t have neglected to close and lock his door.”
See the press conference below:
After being free for 72 hours after the shooting, Amber Guyger, 30, who has been a police officer for 4 years, was arrested and charged with manslaughter on September 9. After a few hours in custody, she was released on a bond of $300,000.
Our condolences go out to Jean’s friends and family.Follow @GetUpErica
- Lisa Nicole Debuts New Single “Same God”
- Pastor David Winston Talks New Book “Authentic”
- A Knockout: Check Out The Action-Packed Official Trailer For ‘Big George Foreman’
- Omega Psi Phi Revokes Membership Of Three Officers Involved In Tyre Nichols’ Death
- ‘The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder’ Continues To Address Real Issues Like Autism In Season 2 Premiere
- In A Golden State: Stephen Curry & Curry Brand Release Special ‘Black History Month’ Shoe
- Legend Making Legends: How John Singleton Uplifted A New Generation of Talent With ‘Boyz N the Hood’
- Dr. Sabrina Jackson Talks Four Types Of Trauma | Healthy Ever After
- Black History Month Begins With Ron DeSantis Waging War Against Black History
- A Self-Care Guide For Black History Month
Here Are Botham Jean’s Reported Last Words Before He Was Killed In His Home By Amber Guyger was originally published on newsone.com