One of gospel music’s favorite married couples is releasing an album together.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
David and Tamela Mann are gearing up to release a 10-track album called Us Against the World – The Love Project in conjunction with their forthcoming memoir, ‘Us Against the World: Our Secrets to Love, Marriage, and Family.’
“Every since being part of Kirk Franklin’s The Family, fans have been asking us to do an album together,” David said. “With our new book coming this fall, we thought that was the perfect time.”
While Us Against the World – The Love Project debuts on November 9 as their first joint album, the two are known for combining other work with their love life.
In addition to being on Kirk Franklin’s choir back in the day, they’ve also starred in big screen gigs together (Meet the Browns, Madea Goes to Jail, Mann and Wife), had their own reality show on TV One and and even share a music company, Tilly Mann Inc. This new album, which Tamela says is an “inside look” at their love story, sums up defining moments in their relationship and journey through life together.
Take a listen to their new single, “Good Love,” below and keep scrolling for photos for more of your favorite gospel stars who started their careers as background/choir singers.
- Alabama Chick-fil-A Opens On A Sunday To Fulfill The Wish Of Boy Living With Autism And Cerebral Palsy
- McDonald’s Employee Fired After Calling Customer The N-Word [Video]
- Report: Travis Scott Consulted With Colin Kaepernick About His Super Bowl LIII Halftime Gig
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lord I Need Peace [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Be Slow To Speak And Slow To Get Angry [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Serena Williams Wins Her First Australian Open Match, Iyanla Vanzant Reveals She Turned Down To Help R. Kelly & More
- Stellar Awards 2019: The Nominees Are In!
- Broadway Legend Carol Channing Dead at 97
- Pastor Gunned Down While Opening The Church Doors For Service
- Casey J To Release New Album, ‘The Gathering’