One of gospel music’s favorite married couples is releasing an album together.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
David and Tamela Mann are gearing up to release a 10-track album called Us Against the World – The Love Project in conjunction with their forthcoming memoir, ‘Us Against the World: Our Secrets to Love, Marriage, and Family.’
“Every since being part of Kirk Franklin’s The Family, fans have been asking us to do an album together,” David said. “With our new book coming this fall, we thought that was the perfect time.”
While Us Against the World – The Love Project debuts on November 9 as their first joint album, the two are known for combining other work with their love life.
In addition to being on Kirk Franklin’s choir back in the day, they’ve also starred in big screen gigs together (Meet the Browns, Madea Goes to Jail, Mann and Wife), had their own reality show on TV One and and even share a music company, Tilly Mann Inc. This new album, which Tamela says is an “inside look” at their love story, sums up defining moments in their relationship and journey through life together.
Take a listen to their new single, “Good Love,” below and keep scrolling for photos for more of your favorite gospel stars who started their careers as background/choir singers.
- Mr. Griffin: Will You When You Won’t? [VIDEO]
- Ikea Allowed Muslims To Safely Pray In There Parking Lot While Social Distancing [PHOTO]
- Protected: Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell ® “AARP Black Music Month Promotion”
- Wearing Her Natural Hair On-Air Was One Of Angela Rye’s Most Powerful Political Statements
- BET To Hold 2020 BET Awards Virtually
- Atlanta Students Test Positive For Coronavirus After Drive-Through Graduation
- Black Man Dies After Minneapolis Officer Puts Knee In His Neck During Arrest
- Central Park “Karen” Lost Her Job And Her Dog After Racist Video Goes Viral
- Florida Republicans Reverses Ex-Felons’ Rights To Vote, 90-Year-Old Woman Shields Grandson From Police & More [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The President [VIDEO]