One of gospel music’s favorite married couples is releasing an album together.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
David and Tamela Mann are gearing up to release a 10-track album called Us Against the World – The Love Project in conjunction with their forthcoming memoir, ‘Us Against the World: Our Secrets to Love, Marriage, and Family.’
“Every since being part of Kirk Franklin’s The Family, fans have been asking us to do an album together,” David said. “With our new book coming this fall, we thought that was the perfect time.”
While Us Against the World – The Love Project debuts on November 9 as their first joint album, the two are known for combining other work with their love life.
In addition to being on Kirk Franklin’s choir back in the day, they’ve also starred in big screen gigs together (Meet the Browns, Madea Goes to Jail, Mann and Wife), had their own reality show on TV One and and even share a music company, Tilly Mann Inc. This new album, which Tamela says is an “inside look” at their love story, sums up defining moments in their relationship and journey through life together.
Take a listen to their new single, “Good Love,” below and keep scrolling for photos for more of your favorite gospel stars who started their careers as background/choir singers.
- Kirk Franklin Debuts Music Video For New Song, “OK”
- Ciara Reveals The Prayer She Prayed That Led Her To Russell Wilson
- Keke Palmer Reveals She Had Abortion At 24 As Part Of #YouKnowMe Hashtag
- GRIFF’s Prayer: God Bless The Curry Family [VIDEO]
- End Painful On Again Off Again Relationships Once And For All
- Gabrielle Union Talks About Initially Hiding Her Identity From Her Surrogate
- “‘I Can’t Skip My Brother And My Sister.” Halle Berry Speaks To Black Journalists After Publicist Said They Didn’t Have Time
- People Are Using Ramen Noodles To Fix Broken Items In Their Houses [VIDEO]
- Ex Gang Member Turned Pastor Recalls Moment He Decided To Follow God [VIDEO]
- Teyana Taylor Grieves The Painful Loss Of Her Great-Grandmother: “My Heart Can’t Take It”