One of gospel music’s favorite married couples is releasing an album together.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
David and Tamela Mann are gearing up to release a 10-track album called Us Against the World – The Love Project in conjunction with their forthcoming memoir, ‘Us Against the World: Our Secrets to Love, Marriage, and Family.’
“Every since being part of Kirk Franklin’s The Family, fans have been asking us to do an album together,” David said. “With our new book coming this fall, we thought that was the perfect time.”
While Us Against the World – The Love Project debuts on November 9 as their first joint album, the two are known for combining other work with their love life.
In addition to being on Kirk Franklin’s choir back in the day, they’ve also starred in big screen gigs together (Meet the Browns, Madea Goes to Jail, Mann and Wife), had their own reality show on TV One and and even share a music company, Tilly Mann Inc. This new album, which Tamela says is an “inside look” at their love story, sums up defining moments in their relationship and journey through life together.
Take a listen to their new single, “Good Love,” below and keep scrolling for photos for more of your favorite gospel stars who started their careers as background/choir singers.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Waking Up In NYC To Peter Popoff [VIDEO]
- Kierra Sheard On How She Prepared To Play Her Mother For ‘The Clark Sisters’ Biopic
- How Thoughts Of Suicide & Dealing With Depression Made The Walls Group Know That God Was Real [VIDEO]
- Newborn Dies After Grandfather Gives Him Taste Of Alcohol At A Party
- U.S. House Approves $15 Minimum Wage, Bill in Danger of Dying in the Senate
- Sparkle’s Niece Now Working With Authorities In R. Kelly Case
- Taye Diggs Opens Up About His Dating Life & Why He Still Stans For Jussie Smollett [VIDEO]
- A Kirk Franklin Biopic Produced By DeVon Franklin Is Coming Your Way
- Mississippi State House Candidate Shot Himself And Wife In Brutal Murder-Suicide
- Faith Walking: The Trial And The Test Is Necessary [VIDEO]