Ingrid Bohannon is a writer and glam coach, who spoke about her book, “The C Word: Celibacy My 28-Year Journey.” Bohannon was married and then got a divorced and when coming out of her marriage quickly realized that the dating game had changed. She chose celibacy because it meant so much to her.
It has made her dating life a little harder because some men don’t want to hear that and are quite shocked when they realize how long it’s been. She also realized it can create fewer ling term relationships. Bohannon shared that a lot of young girls are teased about wanting to follow this lifestyle and because there is so much sex-driven content some believe this is how things need to be.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Colin Powell, First Black Secretary Of State And Military Leader, Passes Away
- #ICYMI: The 13th Annual Praise 104.1/Spirit 1340 Spirit Of Praise Celebration! [WATCH]
- Moving Beyond the Hashtag ‘Me Too.’ Movement Celebrates 4-Year Anniversary With Week Of Action
- 5 Events That Shaped Black History Month In The UK
- Common Helps Create Music Recording Studio At Illinois Correctional Center
- Solange’s Saint Heron To Launch Library That Amplifies The Work Of Black Creators
- Track Star Allyson Felix Named Women’s Sports Foundation’s Sportswoman Of The Year
- Black Atlanta Cop Involved in Violent Arrest of HBCU Students Spotted At Buckhead Secession Event
- Howard University Receives Largest Alumni Donation In Its 154-Year History
- Elderly Black Man In Need Of Medical Treatment Released From Georgia Hospital And Found Laying On The Ground Outside