Earl Bynum is taking a quick break from the Stellar Award nominated Mount Unity Choir to release his third studio album, This Song Is For You. It’ll be his first solo project since 2009.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Due October 5, This Song Is For You is slated to include his radio single “Bless the Lord (The Remix),” “Only Unto You” and “Call Him,” along with seven other tracks that range from congregational style to urban contemporary. And believe it or not, it’s Bynum’s first studio recording.
“It was different for me trying to do it,” he says. “I’m a live concert type of performer, so the studio ain’t hard but it also ain’t easy because I feed off of my audience and there’s no audience in the studio with me. I had to change my mindset to approach these songs and it helped take me out of the choir backdrop and let me live in a new space.”
Get a feel for the album and listen to Bynum’s “Bless the Lord (The Remix)” single below!
- ABC Newscaster Linsey Davis Shares What Inspired Her New Children’s Book, ‘Stay This Way Forever’ [EXCLUSIVE]
- Koryn Hawthorne Teams Up With Queen Naija For “Speak To Me (Queen Mix)”
- Watch Trailer: Michael B. Jordan Starring In Tom Clancy Film ‘Without Remorse’
- In Celebration of ‘Coming 2 America’s Release, Amazon Prime Video Announces Partnership With Black-Owned Restaurants
- Watch: Shanta Atkins Releases Music Video For “Made Up My Mind”
- Feels Like Home: Israel & Adrienne Houghton Share Story Of How Their Supportive Marriage Encouraged Israel’s Album
- Healthy Ever After: How To Relieve Stress, Anxiety & Depression [VIDEO]
- They Got Next: Black Filmmakers To Watch
- The Jackson Water Crisis: Decades Of Disrepair, Disinvestment Frustrate Efforts To Restore Service In Mississippi
- Spike Lee Partners With HBO On 9/11 Documentary For 20th Anniversary