Janelle Monae continues to expand her acting resume. This time she has landed a role in the remake of the Disney classic, Lady and the Tramp.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to Deadline, Monae will voice the role of Peg, “the wise-cracking friend of Lady.” Lady is being voiced by Janelle’s real-life friend Tessa Thompson. Her role was previously announced with Justin Theroux, who will be voicing the role of Tramp.
The film’s reboot is a part of Disney’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service, which will launch in late 2019.
Monae has seen music success within her music and acting careers. She starred in the Oscar-nominated film Hidden Figures with Taraji P. Henson and Octavia Spencer. She also starred in the Oscar-winning film, Moonlight, with Mahershala Ali, Trevante Rhodes, and Naomie Harris.
She recently landed a role in Focus Features biopic Harriet, and will voice a character in the upcoming animation Ugly Dolls. However, the film we’ll see her in is Welcome To Marwen, which releases in December.
Movies We Secretly Love: Hidden Treasures/Guilty Pleasures
1. B*A*P*S1 of 18
2. Death at a Funeral2 of 18
3. Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood3 of 18
4. Cornbread, Earl and Me4 of 18
5. Car Wash5 of 18
6. The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh6 of 18
7. The Thing With Two Heads7 of 18
8. White Chicks8 of 18
9. Undercover Brother9 of 18
10. Obsessed10 of 18
11. Inside Man11 of 18
12. American Gangster12 of 18
13. Hustle & Flow13 of 18
14. Shaft14 of 18
15. Bebe's Kids15 of 18
16. Booty Call16 of 18
17. Big Mama's House17 of 18
18. Rocknrolla18 of 18
READ MORE STORIES ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Barack and Michelle Obama Preparing To Purchase Mansion In Martha’s Vineyard
- 12-Year-Old Twins Create Care Packages For Girls In Need
- #BossMoves: Ciara And Russell Wilson Are The Co-Owners Of A Pro Soccer Team
Janelle Monáe Joins Disney’s Reboot Of ‘Lady And The Tramp’ was originally published on blackamericaweb.com