Toni Braxton and her fiance Birdman are getting married pretty soon. The singer confirmed the couple’s engagement in February, but hadn’t set a date. But Birdman has put his foot down, he’s ready to make her his wife!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
”He said before the year is out…so a couple of weeks,” Braxton told Wendy Williams on Tuesday while appearing as a guest on the daytime talk show.
Braxton confirmed that there was almost a date at one point but she “couldn’t get all of the sisters together” with all of the drama from their reality show, Braxton Family Values. And although Birdman is reportedly fine with going to the courthouse, Braxton wants a big wedding with her best friend, Jada Pinkett-Smith, as her maid of honor.
“I need the dress,” she said. “I want the dress.”
The 51-year-old singer and the New Orleans rap mogul began dating in 2016 and made their first appearance as a couple at the BET Hip-Hop awards that June.
In an episode of Braxton Family Values that aired in August, Toni admitted to her mother, Evelyn, that she hadn’t planned anything for her upcoming wedding.
Luckily, it sounds like she’s a little further along with the planning these days and will make her future hubby’s deadline!
See the video below:
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- 7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
- Kirk Franklin’s Biological Father Passes Away
- 12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
Happy Birthday, Toni Braxton! See How She's Changed Over The Years
1. In a pic taken around 1993, Toni Braxton was just getting started.1 of 15
2. In 1994, Toni Braxton was rocking her trademark short cut.Source:PR Photos 2 of 15
3. In 1996, Toni's hair was curly but her style was sleek and simple.Source:PR Photos 3 of 15
4. In 2001, Toni picked up a few trophies at the 28th Annual American Music AwardsSource:PR Photos 4 of 15
5. In 2005, Toni Braxton lit up the Empire State Building on National Wear Red Day for WomenSource:PR Photos 5 of 15
6. In 2010, Toni went for the one-shoulder look at The Grammy Awards.Source:PR Photos 6 of 15
7. In 2011, Toni wore her short cut to the Pre-GRAMMY Gala & Salute to Industry Icons with Clive DavisSource:PR Photos 7 of 15
8. In 2013, Toni was pretty in red to bring awareness to heart health for women.Source:PR Photos 8 of 15
9. In 2014, Toni showed a little leg at the 24th Annual NAACP Theatre AwardsSource:PR Photos 9 of 15
10. In 2014, Toni Braxton and Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds joined the Cast of "After Midnight" at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre in New York CitySource:PR Photos 10 of 15
11. In 2016, Toni was laced up for the Weinstein Company and Netflix Golden Globes After PartySource:PR Photos 11 of 15
12. In 2016, Toni went ombrè with her boyfriend, Birdman, at the BET Awards.Source:Getty Images 12 of 15
13. In 2017, Toni Braxton shimmered at the Soul Train Music AwardsSource:PR Photos 13 of 15
14. In 2019, Toni was right in white at We TV's "Braxton Family Values" TV Series Season 6 PremiereSource:PR Photos 14 of 15
15. In 2019, Toni Braxton made it a purple reign at the 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:PR Photos 15 of 15
Toni Braxton Plans To Get Married Soon, Find Out Who She Wants As Her Maid Of Honor was originally published on blackamericaweb.com