Michelle Obama is the kind of star any magazine would be lucky to have grace their cover.
So Variety chose our favorite leading lady for their August 2016 cover and it’s absolutely beautiful:
FLOTUS posed elegantly against a gray background wearing a Jonathan Simkhai biased-cut dress. The look was paired with almond-toe black pumps. The 52-year-old mother of two stands hovered over the mark. The simple pose and backdrop, with hardwood floors at the base, gives a glimpse of a Victorian photo on the right-hand side.
The cover is elegant and beautiful, which is very fitting of our first lady.
In the candid article Michelle discusses Carpool Karaoke with host James Corden:
“First of all, I was riding in a car with somebody else, without the Secret Service. So right there, [I said], ‘Let’s keep driving!’ I think we drove around the South Lawn about 100 times.”
Senior Editor Ted Johnson focused on how FLOTUS has used her pop culture stardom to make an impact and push her initiatives forward. Even her Carpool Karaoke appearance wasn’t “just for fun.” She used the appearance to promote Let Girls Learn, a government initiative to promote girls’ access to education.
Who is the most poised pop culture star in the world?
First Lady Michelle Obama.
Look Like A (First) Lady: 9 Floral Maxi Dresses That Are White House Worthy
1. First Lady Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. City Chic 'Tulip Time' Floral Print Maxi Dress (Plus Size)Source:pinterest 2 of 10
3. ASOS WeddingBardot Fishtail Maxi In Floral PrintSource:pinterest 3 of 10
4. Alice + OliviaSource:pinterest 4 of 10
5. EtroSource:pinterest 5 of 10
6. Urban OutfittersSource:pinterest 6 of 10
7. Needle & ThreadSource:pinterest 7 of 10
8. ASOSSource:pinterest 8 of 10
9. Eliza JSource:pinterest 9 of 10
10. Hope and IvySource:pinterest 10 of 10
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram