Inspirational artist Lecrae recently got baptized in the Jordan River. He shared this monumental moment on his social media channels and also gave us a preview into new music he’s been working on.
Lecrae also included on his Instagram page the following message to his fans. “Today we got baptized in the Jordan River. The one John baptized Jesus in. I was joking before I got dipped and I said if a bird lands out here like the dove on Jesus, bruh….I’m gonna have a heart attack. Just take me to heaven cause God is speakin too loud! Well look at the pics. . I love the Jordan because of all the symbolism it holds. It was the border of the promised land. It was the picture of safety and security. Getting baptized in it was an incredible experience for me.
Here’s an interesting fact. Baptism didn’t start with John the Baptist. The Jewish ritual immersion in water is called a mikvah, which is a Hebrew word meaning gathering of waters.
Immersion in a mikvah also represents death and resurrection. When you come back out of the water, you come back to life as a new creation.
When I was immersed into Christ (not just water) I also become a new creation: “Therefore, if anyone is in Messiah, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” The more you learn the Jewish roots the more truth comes alive.”
No word on the actual release date for Lecrae’s new project but looks like he is having a wonderful trip to the Holy land.
- Mr. Griffin: Be Thankful For The Little Things [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Dog Lovers [VIDEO]
- Behind The Scenes: ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Directors Want Eddie Murphy Sequel As Their Next Project
- OWN Reportedly Cancels John Gray’s ‘The Book Of Gray’ After Three Seasons
- Missy Elliott’s Urban One Honors Acceptance Speech Is The #BlackGirlMagic Moment We Needed
- Jonathan McReynolds & Koryn Hawthorne To Host Stellar Awards 2020 + Nominees Announced
- BET’s ‘Sunday Best’ Season 10 To Return Spring 2020
- ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Earns $73 Million At Box Office, ‘Bad Boys 4’ In The Works
- FBI ‘Honors’ Martin Luther King With Tone-Deaf Tweet That Revises Black History
- Kanye West On His Battle With Alcohol: ‘Devil, You’re Not Going to Beat Me Today’
Lecrae Gets Baptized in the Jordan River, Gives Sneak Peak Into New Music was originally published on joycolumbus.com