It’s rare that we hear about Nick Cannon’s family, but now his brother is trying to make a name for himself in the gospel world.
He said, “I felt a calling, but am I alone in this journey. [God said] If you ain’t obedient, I’m gonna call someone else.”
When Gabe was younger him and his brothers would make music together in and outside of church. They used to record videos of their performances as well as make little movies.
In this video you can see the brothers along with their dad singing together and clearly this is a time when Nick fell in love with entertainment.
Gabe mentioned for a long time he idolized his brother, he tried to talk, act and realized it wasn’t getting him anywhere.
He said, “I completely lost who I was. God has shown it to me now. Now I’m trying to live up to everybody’s expectations instead of my brother’s.” God not only called Gabe, but his brother Caleb too.
He would go out on Hollywood Boulevard to preach the gospel. Gabe said, “A lot of people are skeptical of what’s going on. People see what’s happening and I’m just letting God work.”
Earlier this year Gabe released “Bow My Head” and we look forward to hearing more music from him.
Turbans & Toes: A Close Look At Nick Cannon’s Unconventional New Style
1. If you’ve looked Nick Cannon up and down recently (and who hasn’t?) you might have noticed something interesting: the actor/comedian/host/rapper seems to be paying particular attention to his skull and his feet when he puts together his ‘fits. The style is cutting edge at best, confusing at worst, but undeniably bold. Take a look at Nick’s turbans and toes and see if you’re feeling this unconventional look.Source:Splash 1 of 18
2. It works for a night on the town, too.Source:Splash 2 of 18
3. And it seems to go with everything.Source:Splash 3 of 18
4. Pretty sure we’ve seen this look on Yasiin Bey.Source:Instagram 4 of 18
5. But the fun doesn’t stop at his forehead. Peep Nick’s fancy feet…Source:Getty Images 5 of 18
6. So considerate of him to coordinate with the color of the carpet.Source:Getty Images 6 of 18
7. Nothing jazzes up a classic suit like…Source:Getty Images 7 of 18
8. …Michael Jackson’s shoes.Source:Getty Images 8 of 18
9. Denim and diamonds…Source:Getty Images 9 of 18
10. …isn’t just for country girls anymore.Source:Getty Images 10 of 18
11. Sometimes you’re feeling kinda low key…Source:Getty Images 11 of 18
12. …so you just stick with the three-tone pointy loafers.Source:Getty Images 12 of 18
13. When your suit looks like this…Source:Getty Images 13 of 18
14. …basic white with an understated steel toe might be best.Source:Getty Images 14 of 18
15. We imagine this is what the flyest dude in Harlem looked like back in the day.Source:Getty Images 15 of 18
16. Fur is a great way to take a basic gray coat over the top…Source:Getty Images 16 of 18
17. You can never have enough gold dust on your shoes.Source:Getty Images 17 of 18
18. …but Scottie dog socks and three-toned loafers, only if you’re nasty.Source:Getty Images 18 of 18