African-Americans are strong, resilient and creative people, so it’s no surprise when they’re able to create innovative technology to better the community.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Tavonia Evans has succeeded in launching the first ICO (Initial Coin Offering) for $Guap, a coin dedicated to restoring and recycling wealth within the Black community, according to Black News.
With this coin, Evans has broken into the world of cryptocurrency to help African American consumers to support businesses that support them.
$Guap is a ERC20 token built on Ethereum Blockchain Technology, which utilizes Smart Contracts to perform various tasks such as issuing “rewards” which is in the plan for $Guap. With $Guap, every token spent will be distributed throughout a system that will fund new businesses, HBCUs, and philanthropic efforts that adopt the coin. Merchants a part of the “$Guap Market”, pledge to pass on savings while benefiting from gaining access to loyal customers. Consumers will also be able to rate businesses and suggest methods for improvement anonymously to merchants to help maintain quality of service all through a proprietary portal.
Having worked in the technology industry for 20 years, Evans determination for this currency comes from a hurdle that the African-American community has not been able to get over in their ability to support, ”startup growth and initiative.”
She believes it’s a direct correlation to African-Americans relationship with Black economics and believes cryptocurrency can change a lot of things.
If you’d like to get into $Guap or find out even more about it, head over to www.guapcoin.com and show some love for this awesome Black business.
- Houston Teacher Under Fire After Parents Say Children’s Grades Were Based On Race
- Faith Walking: Change Your Mind, Change Your Life [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Kirk Franklin: “There Are Thriving And Very Healthy African-American Families” [VIDEO]
- Joy Living: Do Something For You [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Celebrity CEO's: Stars Who Run Their Own Business Empires
1. Nicki MinajSource:Nicki Minaj Tumblr 1 of 16
2. Will SmithSource:PR Photos 2 of 16
3. Justin TimberlakeSource:AP 3 of 16
4. Mary Kate & Ashley OlsenSource:Instagram 4 of 16
5. Dr. DreSource:PR Photos 5 of 16
6. Tyra BanksSource:AP 6 of 16
7. OprahSource:AP 7 of 16
8. Birdman8 of 16
9. Tamar BraxtonSource:Instagram 9 of 16
10. Kim KardashianSource:PR Photos 10 of 16
11. Jay ZSource:AP 11 of 16
12. Jessica SimpsonSource:PR Photos 12 of 16
13. RihannaSource:AP 13 of 16
14. BeyonceSource:Tumblr 14 of 16
15. LalaSource:Instagram 15 of 16
16. DiddySource:Instagram 16 of 16
(Source: Black News)
(Photo Credit: Facebook & LinkedIn)
Black Entrepreneur Launches Cryptocurrency To Better Black Communities was originally published on blackamericaweb.com