Clothing can still be a problem … even if you are a major star.
Saturday Night Live star Leslie Jones is currently on a press tour for the highly anticipated movie Ghostbusters. Naturally, the 6-foot chocolate beauty would want to look fabulous on the red carpet; however, she had one little problem: no high-end designers wanted to dress the non-sample size funny lady.
Unfortunately, this is a problem that larger women in the entertainment industry often have. Celebrities like Leslie’s Ghostbusters co-star Melissa McCarthy has expressed her discontent with the lack of clothing and choices she has to wear. It’s not until celebrities are at A-list star power will high-end designers then make custom designs for them (and that’s if they are lucky).
… But not ALL designers are like that. Christian Siriano responded to the tweet, using emojis:
To which Leslie responded:
Christian has never been one to shy away from dressing women of all various sizes, shapes, ages, and styles. A true fashion designer can accomplish these feats. He even collaborated with Lane Bryant for an oh-so-stylish plus-size line. The Project Runway winner received a lot of applause for his tweet, to which he stated:
Well said, Christian. We can’t wait to see what Christian Siriano design lovely Leslie dons for the Ghostbusters premiere!
The 27 Best Plus Size Swimsuits On The Internet To Help You Get Beach Body Ready
1. Say it loud!Source:Forever 21 1 of 24
2. Tuxedo printSource:Simply Be 2 of 24
3. A Roar Of Approval!Source:Forever 21 3 of 24
4. Red alert!Source:Instagram 4 of 24
5. Metallic ManiaSource:Forever 21 5 of 24
6. Peplum perfection!Source:Forever 21 6 of 24
7. Don't have the blues...wear them!Source:Forever 21 7 of 24
8. Shine on!Source:Instagram 8 of 24
9. Lovely in (faux) leatherSource:Forever 21 9 of 24
10. Top me off in a tropical print!Source:Forever 21 10 of 24
11. Olive you.Source:Forever 21 11 of 24
12. This criss-cross bathing suit will make you jump, jump!Source:Simply Be 12 of 24
13. Hello sunshine!Source:Forever 21 13 of 24
14. Pattern party!Source:Forever 21 14 of 24
15. Fun in florals!Source:Simply Be 15 of 24
16. Back to black.Source:Simply Be 16 of 24
17. Cut it out!Source:Forever 21 17 of 24
18. Don't skirt around the issue.Source:ASOS 18 of 24
19. Palm springs partySource:ASOS 19 of 24
20. Raving for ruching!Source:ASOS 20 of 24
21. Flourish in florals.Source:SwimsuitsForAll 21 of 24
22. Swimming with kissesSource:SwimsuitsForAll 22 of 24
23. Mixed print madnessSource:SwimsuitsForAll 23 of 24
24. Get spotted in this red polka dot print tankin!Source:Simply Be 24 of 24
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty