Clothing can still be a problem … even if you are a major star.
Saturday Night Live star Leslie Jones is currently on a press tour for the highly anticipated movie Ghostbusters. Naturally, the 6-foot chocolate beauty would want to look fabulous on the red carpet; however, she had one little problem: no high-end designers wanted to dress the non-sample size funny lady.
Unfortunately, this is a problem that larger women in the entertainment industry often have. Celebrities like Leslie’s Ghostbusters co-star Melissa McCarthy has expressed her discontent with the lack of clothing and choices she has to wear. It’s not until celebrities are at A-list star power will high-end designers then make custom designs for them (and that’s if they are lucky).
… But not ALL designers are like that. Christian Siriano responded to the tweet, using emojis:
To which Leslie responded:
Christian has never been one to shy away from dressing women of all various sizes, shapes, ages, and styles. A true fashion designer can accomplish these feats. He even collaborated with Lane Bryant for an oh-so-stylish plus-size line. The Project Runway winner received a lot of applause for his tweet, to which he stated:
Well said, Christian. We can’t wait to see what Christian Siriano design lovely Leslie dons for the Ghostbusters premiere!
The 27 Best Plus Size Swimsuits On The Internet To Help You Get Beach Body Ready
1. Say it loud!Source:Forever 21 1 of 22
2. Tuxedo printSource:Simply Be 2 of 22
3. A Roar Of Approval!Source:Forever 21 3 of 22
4. Metallic ManiaSource:Forever 21 4 of 22
5. Peplum perfection!Source:Forever 21 5 of 22
6. Don't have the blues...wear them!Source:Forever 21 6 of 22
7. Lovely in (faux) leatherSource:Forever 21 7 of 22
8. Top me off in a tropical print!Source:Forever 21 8 of 22
9. Olive you.Source:Forever 21 9 of 22
10. This criss-cross bathing suit will make you jump, jump!Source:Simply Be 10 of 22
11. Hello sunshine!Source:Forever 21 11 of 22
12. Pattern party!Source:Forever 21 12 of 22
13. Fun in florals!Source:Simply Be 13 of 22
14. Back to black.Source:Simply Be 14 of 22
15. Cut it out!Source:Forever 21 15 of 22
16. Don't skirt around the issue.Source:ASOS 16 of 22
17. Palm springs partySource:ASOS 17 of 22
18. Raving for ruching!Source:ASOS 18 of 22
19. Flourish in florals.Source:SwimsuitsForAll 19 of 22
20. Swimming with kissesSource:SwimsuitsForAll 20 of 22
21. Mixed print madnessSource:SwimsuitsForAll 21 of 22
22. Get spotted in this red polka dot print tankin!Source:Simply Be 22 of 22
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Christian Siriano Stands Up For Curves: Dresses Leslie Jones When High Fashion Said No was originally published on hellobeautiful.com