93-year-old, Olivia Blair died and always wanted her funeral service to be at the church where she was a member at. According to The Black Loop, the daughter of Blair is disgusted because pastor Walter F. Houston of Fourth Missionary Baptist Church refuses to conduct her funeral. The pastor doesn’t want to do her services because Blair hasn’t tithed in years and stopped after she became ill.
Her daughter, Barbara Day said, “It was like the last insult in the world, there was nothing else that I could do for my mommy but funeralize her in the church that she loved and worshiped all of her life, even as a little girl.” Blair was a loyal member for 50 years and tithed.
The last two years her mother was in and out of the hospital, nursing homes and then spent the last few months in a coma. It is also reported that no one from the church ever reached out while she was ill. Her husband even offered to pay for the funeral cost, but the pastor denied the family still. What do you think about this pastor doing this to a church member?
RELATED: Edwin Hawkins Life To Be Celebrated
- Tennis Phenom Naomi Osaka To Launch Sports Agency
- Tika Sumpter Ties The Knot With Fiancé Nicholas James
- Series Inspired By Toni Morrison’s ‘Sula’ In Development
- Civil Rights Landmarks To Receive $16.2M In Grants
- Black College Students Graduating Face Promising Job Market
- Elderly Black Women Among Buffalo Shooting Victims
- Buffalo Suspect Pushed 'White Replacement' Conspiracy Theory: Report
- ‘White Supremacist’ Safely Arrested After Buffalo Supermarket Massacre
- Tammy Franklin Speaks On Going From ‘Chaos To Calm’ And Living A Decluttered Life With The Help Of ‘The Order Project’
- Brown v. Board of Education's Legacy Remains Unfulfilled